Stay at home mom

Options
I am a stay at home mom of 3..3yrs, 2yrs and 5mnths...sometimes life is crazy and I could use the motivation and inspiration of others to keep on track...always ready for new ideas on how to fit a workout in or keep sane, would love you to add me and motivate me:)

Replies

• faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a SAHM also. 11, 9, 5
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hi there I too am a stay at home mom of 2 kids ...13 year old son and 7 year old daughter .... feel free to add me and wishing you much success in your healthy lifestyle
  • LisaD7526
    LisaD7526 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there, SAHM to 6 mo old, 4 yr old and a 6 yr old, feel free to add me!
  • farewellfatty
    farewellfatty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SAHM here too. two kids 5y and 2y. These little ones can really take a lot out of you so the support here is great!
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    SAHM here also. Boy 7 and girl 4. Finally realized to give them the best I need to be my best so here I am.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    SAHM/Homeschooling mom of 7 ages 8 and down here. As far as the staying sane, give it up. It saves lots of time to just brace the insanity.:wink: I normally do my workouts after the children are in bed for the night. It is the only time I can do it with out fear of injuring someone. Feel free to add me if you want, but just so you know. I like to encourage and comment, but if it is never reciprocated I will delete. Best Wishes on your weight loss!
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've got a 3yo and a 2 mo. Walking is my only exercise. I walk at least 30 minutes a day. I take the girls outside for a walk(3yo rides her bike), but when I can't get outside I do Leslie Sansone's 1-3 mile walk. You can find her on YouTube.
  • AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SAHM here also. I have a 2 year old son. To stay sane I leave my son with his dad and go walking for an hour or two. Since my husband is a big kid and had an xbox I had him buy the kinnect and the fitness game to go with it and love it. I love boxing. And even though it's virtual boxing you can work up a sweat and feel it all over. It's fun and has tons of activites to do and I can pop that in while my son is sleeping. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • Crazyartgrrl
    Crazyartgrrl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    In the summer I'd take the toddler for so many walks she probably knows this area by heart. I'd recommend a wagon or a buddy for three kids. Take advantage of the time before the kiddos are awake to get a quick workout in. You could even try "10 Minute Solution" DVDs that can be done all 50 min at once or 10 min intervals.

When my kid wakes up its a tougher balance between work and life. I may not have three kids, like everybody else, just one right now and a second in a few more months, but my business is growing very fast and is and always will be my "first baby". I've got half a dozen sales reps and a lot of stores to work with so I'm busy morning until night. The workload and responsibility are very similar, only the business doesn't eventually grow up, become potty trained and occupy itself. (darn!)

I just recommend carving out the "me times" early and late to get workouts in, and/or do "exercise" activities during the day that you can involve the kids in. Running around in the yard for 20 minutes totally counts. Games with them. Abigail loves the Wii fit games, that's lots of fun for us all.

Get a Fitbit. You'll see how much activity you do daily and it will push you to be more active in the day to day minutiae rather than focusing on "I have to get this 45 min workout in". FIt people do more than just work out 45 minutes a day. They have fit behaviors, and are generally more active than those of us who are not naturally trim. Aim for that, that's what I do.
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM, 6 kids ages 11 and under. I am so new to all of this, just figuring things out as I go, but feel free to add me.
  • TotallyNotBillNye
    Options
    y3Yxr.gif
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am also a SAHM of a girl who turns 9 in 2 weeks and boy that turns 2 next month :smile: It is kind hard but can be done. I workout 6 days a week at home (video) and try to run 3 times a week. Now by run I mean I am TRYING to do the C25K program so it's running & walking.

You can do this! And anyone feel free to add me!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ktownchik2005
    ktownchik2005 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Same here:) I've got a 5yr old and a 3yr old. Not always the easiest but it's possible to work with it. I don't really have time when someone else can watch them so I run/walk laps in my yard:) Sometimes my kids even join in lol. Other times they just play but I can excercise and watch them. And my 5yr old was my biggest supporter from the begining. Anybody feel free to add me if you want because you csn never have too much support!
  • Moonducky
    Options
    Me as well, 6yrs and 2yrs. Im always looking new things to keep up my spirits with losing my left over prego weight. Its hard with little one protein based foods really isn't their thing. Feel free to add me.
  • Azaelia11
    Azaelia11 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey, i'm a SAHM of a 16 month old, and a 6 month old :) it's hard to make a routine of getting your workouts in, but you'll eventually figure out something that works great for you. feel free to add me if you like :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    mother of a 4 year old here. i do work part time on weekends for adult conversation. feel free to add me.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    SAHM to three,My oldest is 10 in April,I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old.I am very supportive.I know how hard it is to find time for yourself,let alone lose the weight.We can do this!!It's great that you're taking care of you.Our little people need us.

Add me if you like.:smile:
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    SAHM to 4! :) (almost 6, almost 5, 3, 1) If I don't get up and make myself work out before the kids wake up, I almost never get it done... Unless its really nice outside, then we'll go to the park. But its been too windy here to go outside. So, I'm working on the "walk at home" :) Feel free to add me. I too could use the motivation.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been a stay at home mom for nearly 7 years. My son is 7 now and in 2nd grade. I am just as busy now as I was when we was a baby! I am dedicated to this journey and log in every day. Been here for 500+ days and counting. I've got 20 more stubborn lbs to go, but I will get there.
  • uhohkerri
    uhohkerri Posts: 43
    Options
    I have three girls 12, 10, 8, and a baby boy who is 15 months. I to stay at home I use my baby to work out with by using him as a weight and lifting him up and down with both my feet and my arms I also put my older kids on my feet and lift them for an extra challenge. they think it is play and I get a great work out.