Anybody else just starting out with Jenny Craig and 100+ pou

Options
Hi,

I'm nearly 50, and finally starting the first serious weight loss effort of my life. I've stopped and started various diets or exercise programs over the years, but never stayed on one for more than a few days. I've just joined Jenny Craig, and would love to hear from anybody who's going through this system at the same time. I'm doing the At-Home program, because I'm not really into the whole "group cheerleading" aspect.

I need to lose over 100 pounds, and expect it's going to take a long time, and require so many basic life changes that it's going to be hard. I am also in a very stressful job at the moment, and have been binge eating because of stress, or in anticipation of starting this (or some) program and feeling "deprived."

It's a complicated thing I'm setting out to do. Anybody want to walk with me for a while?

Robin

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am not on jenny craig (doing this on my own). However if you need a cheerleader or encouragement, friend me! Its easier to do this with people cheering you on!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin, I'm not on JC but wanted to wish you the best in your efforts. I started on my quest at the beginning of the year and have had some success. Now I need to add physical activity ... sigh. My goal is to lose 150 lbs so I know, like you, that it won't be happening quickly. Hang in There!! :flowerforyou:
  • lcg1
    lcg1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

I, too, am doing Jenny Craig. My Jenny Craig consultant raved about MFP at my initial Jenny Craig appointment so I have been logging my Jenny Craig foods from day 1. MFP and Jenny Craig go great together. Keeps me on track when I am not eating Jenny foods. I am happy to report I am down 25 pounds since the beginning of April losing 1/2 - 2 pounds per week thus far. I feel so much better- more energetic, more mentally sharp, and more positive attitude.

I was hesitant to join Jenny Craig due to the cost and committment, and concern about eating different foods from my family. After some getting used to it, I am totally OK with having a delicious, healthy meal in minutes! My family has adjusted well too - and frankly I think they are eating better than before because we have lots of fruits and veges now with meals.

My first goal (achieved) was to lose 10% of my body weight.
    My next goal is to get my BMI from obese to overweight - only 17 more pounds until this goal is achieved.
    Haven't thought about the third goal yet, just focusing on one thing at a time.

Also, have a pedometer and make it my mission to get it to 10,000 steps per day. I achieve it 90% of the time; even had a few stellar days of over 20,000 steps. Whew!

Hope your journey with Jenny Craig is going well. Would love to hear about it!
  • robnbrwn
    robnbrwn Posts: 18
    Options
    Well, day 1 went pretty well. On Day 2 I have a dentist appointment, and another wacky schedule, but I think it will be ok. My husband is being very supportive, although he is not following JC. We have guests here right now, and they're foodies, so it's a little tough on the timing, but I can make up excuses to put it off forever. I've already done that for 25 years.

Thanks for the note! Talk to you soon!

Robn
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I am not on Jenny Craig but have over 100lbs to lose with my goal being 85lbs for now as that is a bit more realistic for me at this point! I have been with MFP for 3 weeks now and have really found it helpfull! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!