5"3 ish down 55lbs and still going! (lots of pics)

Options
Holli1230
Holli1230 Posts: 24 Member
I have finally decided it was time to post my progress. I will be at one year next week and although I don't post much, the success stories are what have kept me going!

Little background, I am 38 year old mother of 2 (teenagers!), starting this journey at 215 , although I think there was a time I weighed more and was in denial (didn't own a scale). I am currently at 159 and working down to next goal of 140. I have been trying not to be ruled by the scale which is hard, but I have learned its evil! From January of this year until now, I have only dropped 5lbs, but with weight lifting you can totally see the difference. I have gone from a starting jeans of 18, probably shouldve been a 20 and an XL or 2XL shirt down to a size 10 jeans and Medium shirt!

This is the pic that made me realize I wasn't just chubby! Its from 2010 and I think I was higher than 215!!

photo2_zps60c55186.jpg

This pic is a face shot that is about as close to my start as I can find (I am on the left)

036_zpsf6c7d0cb.jpg

Here's me in May at my sons junior prom (down about 30 pounds)

030_zpsb5d26076.jpg

Daughters high school grad - down about 40

019_zpsec42a70f.jpg

Then winter hit and so the weight loss slowed. The first 30-40 came off super easy, the last 15 not so much! I truly regretted not taking real progress pics and started to in January. Here is me in January and about 164:

photo4_zpsd898f39a.jpg

And last week at 160 (this is only a 5 lbs difference - WEIGHTLIGHTING RULES! Please ignore the dorky look on my face, I really didnt intend on sharing these pics!

securedownload2_zpsfbd17f46.jpg
photo8_zps61289747.jpg

My family has been super supportive (especially my hubby who kicks my *kitten* at the gym on a weekly basis)! It hasnt been easy at times, but is so worth it! I've learned you have to allow yourself to live and its ok to go over every once in awhile, this is a lifestyle, not a diet!

Replies

• 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! A huge transformation. Congratulations on your ongoing success!
  • Prettygeekz
    Prettygeekz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you go girl
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are looking great! I want to look better on the back of my boyfriend's Harley! (You and your hubby may own one??)
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You are amazing
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference the weight loss and weight lifting have made. It's really impressive.
  • AliciaMachado
    AliciaMachado Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!!!
  • lrae42
    lrae42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you look terrific. thanks for posting pics. gives the rest of us encouragement.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    We're the same height and almost the same starting weight (I was 220) and my weight loss is also slower in the winter. Who needs those "find your twin" threads when you're this awesome?! Good job!
  • tequilla123
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I am at your beginning weight. This gives me hope and reality at the same time!
  • PrettyandPolished
    PrettyandPolished Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a great success! You should be so proud!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

Welcome to the gun show!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • phillinnz
    phillinnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What a great job. You look fab.
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    OMG you look amazing, I can't believe the difference in your tummy area, it's very impressive!

I am of similar stats to you (starting weight, height) though I weigh less at the moment. BUT your tummy looks 10 times better than mine. You have made me seriously think about starting lifting on Monday!

Great job, well done!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    You look awesome! Well done........you've given me new motivation!
  • Holli1230
    Holli1230 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone and Wendy, you should totally start the lifting! I have people all the time not believe me when I tell them them what the scale says AND I have friends who wear the same size clothes but weigh 20 lbs less! Everything shifts with lifting! Since the beginning I did cardio and lifting and I am sure that's what did it!
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your great progress! Keep up the outstanding work!
  • MzDemeanor
    Options
    You look great! Very inspiring. So besides weightlifting what else did you do?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!