Start weight, ultimate goal weight and why?

Options
My start weight was 175lbs I kept moving the goal post from getting to 150lbs to 14l5bs to 140lbs and now it is 135lbs I am as today 0.5lbs from that weight.

I did not introduce weight training at the start because I never thought I would succeed in my goals, so now I am trying hard to work with weights to get the `skinny fat` to `toned`

Reason why, I looked and grew too big for my frame, I was embarrassed to look like I did enough, was way too much

What was your start weight, ultimate goal and why?

PS I am not going to go lower with the weight but concentrate on toning and getting a bit more shape/definition

Replies

• kaitgettingfit
    Options
    My start weight was 173 and my goal weight was 125. Now that I'm 129 my goal weight is 122.... Not sure why exactly that number it's just what I chose and when I think I'll be where I want to be. Weight doesnt really matter to me as much as getting toned and fit and that's what I'm going for now.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are doing exceptional and you look really toned in your profile pic already...well done you!
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Starting weight was 154lbs (at 5"5, I was hitting my highest ever weight and struggling in a UK size 14). gave up meat and gradually lost weight. In the process, found a love of health and fitness. I'm now at my goal weight of 133lbs and have been feeling great. However, recently started lifting to reduce BF% and tone up but am now wondering whether to work towards another half stone loss. Going to see how I feel in a few weeks after seeing results with lifting. Just not sure how I feel in myself right now, some days are greats, others not so much. ((shrugs))
  • twinketta
    Options
    Starting weight was 154lbs (at 5"5, I was hitting my highest ever weight and struggling in a UK size 14). gave up meat and gradually lost weight. In the process, found a love of health and fitness. I'm now at my goal weight of 133lbs and have been feeling great. However, recently started lifting to reduce BF% and tone up but am now wondering whether to work towards another half stone loss. Going to see how I feel in a few weeks after seeing results with lifting. Just not sure how I feel in myself right now, some days are greats, others not so much. ((shrugs))

Hmmm I couldn`t give up meat, kudos to you if that what helped...sometimes when I look at raw meat before I cook it I get all guilty, but I don`t think I could do it...bad me I know :sick:
  • mummybride
    Options
    Starting weight was 144 pounds, I'm now at 130 and aiming for 119. That's my pre-baby weight and my daughter is now 2 so thinking I can't get away with "I've just had a baby" any more haha xxx
  • twinketta
    Options
    Starting weight was 144 pounds, I'm now at 130 and aiming for 119. That's my pre-baby weight and my daughter is now 2 so thinking I can't get away with "I've just had a baby" any more haha xxx

Are you just wanting to lose or are you `throwing in exercise` too???
  • mummybride
    Options
    I've been eating healthy and doing the gym 2-3 times a week, I keep weekends for my treats though not prepared to give all up haha x
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Starting weight was 175.5 with body fat of 45.6%. Goal weight is whatever I will be at when I get to 20% body fat. :) I have lost 21.3 lbs and 25.5 inches overall, averaging a loss of about 1.6 lbs a week and just under 2 inches a week. My current body fat % is 37%.

I have lost and gained and lost and gained 50+ lbs several times in my adult life. I didn't lift a finger to attempt any form of exercise during those losses and the weight always came back, plus more. I decided this was it - I am 35 years old and I have a VERY long time to live, if I treat my body right.

I run 4-5 times a week and spin 1-2 times a week, depending on my schedule. I also have a Total Gym and I use that 3 times a week.

Edit: I'm also very focused on healthy, clean eating - about 85%.

I have NEVER had so much energy and felt so awesome and I'm still probably 30 lbs away from where I'll be at 20% body fat. Crazy to imagine how I'll feel then!
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 235, my goal weight is 145. Right now I am 178 and focusing on getting to 165 and then I will go from there.
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    SW: 210
    CW: 200
    (Provisional) GW: 168
    (A weight that I would love to be but have never been at this weight as an adult): 140

I've set my ticker for 168 as that's what weight I was when I played netball, basketball and did cross country as a teen. I ate healthily and exercised and did not find it hard to maintain. However, the body style I'm going for is about 140-150 so my ultimate aim would be 140 although I will re-evaluate at the 189 mark (halfway) and then at 168 to see if I feel like I want to lose more. :)

EDIT for height, I'm 6'0 tall so my BMI is currently 27.1, my GW BMI would be 22.8, and a weight that is probably unrealistic but I would love to achieve would be 19. May meet somewhere in the middle at around 20.8-21 BMI which would be 11 stone!/154lbs :)
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Original weight was 298, bounced back and forth between 265 and 270 before rejoining mfp at 275. Goal weight is 140 because I was that size 10 years ago and was happy.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My start weight in July was 285. I'm currently at 218 and I'm not sure where I'm going to land. I'm 6'2, so I'm thinking somewhere around 185, but I'm focusing more on losing body fat.
  • txs78746
    txs78746 Posts: 24
    Options
    Starting weight was 245. Goal weight is 200. Dream weight would be whatever 7% body fat with lots of muscle is. (somewhere around 185 I think). Why? Look and feel better. Live longer. Tired of being husky and called the "big guy" and want to be the "well built", "muscular" or "athletic" guy.
  • TurquoiseSky
    TurquoiseSky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My start weight was 173 and my goal weight was 125. Now that I'm 129 my goal weight is 122.... Not sure why exactly that number it's just what I chose and when I think I'll be where I want to be. Weight doesnt really matter to me as much as getting toned and fit and that's what I'm going for now.

Same here, but SW 160 --> CW 127 --> GW 120-123 (toned)
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    my starting weight after bubs was 86 kilo ive lost 16 kilo so far 5kilos on MFP, now being in the 154 pound mark id like to be a little below that maybe 140 range ( this was me pre preggo) but im really not too fussed atm i do not look to bad, my Body Fat now is 18% so thats great considering i had bubs 7 months ago
  • suppajess77
    suppajess77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 268 Current Weight: 263 (I just started diet/exercise last week) Goal Weight: 145
    I know it's going to be a long tough road but I want to have kids and need to be healthy enough to have them and play with them. Also, I want to feel better. Luckily I don't have high blood pressure or diabetes (yet) but if I continue down the path that I had been on I know that's where I was headed.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    SW: 280
    CW: 237
    GW: 185-195

Been down lower nad know that is not for me.
  • annacatherine007
    annacatherine007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SW: 220
    CW: 206
    GW: 160
    When I was 160 a few years ago I wasn't necessarily pleased with my weight but I could fit into clothes at stores I liked and looked decent in a swim suit.
    My ultimate goal weight is 120. I loved how I looked when I weighed that much and I had so much more confidence and wasn't constantly worrying about what I looked like in pictures.
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 202 lbs
    Current weight: 159.5 lbs
    Goal weight: 150-155

Why? I want to lose weight and gain muscle to be stronger, to be lean, and I want to be more fit so I can live a long and healthy life. I am 5'7.5", I have a medium frame and I am pear shaped. In my experience I look best at 150-155. That being said, once I reach 155 I will re-evaluate.
  • knwells16
    knwells16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My start weight right now today is 268. I have lost 70 lbs, but it seems like I have been in a "rut" for the last year...not gaining, and not losing...

My goal is to get back down to 150 and to get the body back to being toned.

I like how I can count the calories and actually see what I am eating on a daily basis. This is day #1 on here...wish me luck! :)