Crockpot Mexican Chicken

Options
mandijo
mandijo Posts: 618 Member
So I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and it was AMAZING!!!!!

4 boneless chicken breasts (the recipe makes enough juice though you could add a few more)
1 cup of salsa
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can of cheddar cheese soup (it's been done with both cream of chicken and cream of mushroom...all taste great)

Put it in the crock pot for 6 hours. Add sour cream about 5 minutes before you eat! We put it with some rice! It was fabulous for only 260 calories per chicken breast! Enjoy!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious - I'm going to have to try that this weekend!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    So I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and it was AMAZING!!!!!

4 boneless chicken breasts (the recipe makes enough juice though you could add a few more)
    1 cup of salsa
    1 packet of taco seasoning
    1 can of cheddar cheese soup (it's been done with both cream of chicken and cream of mushroom...all taste great)

Put it in the crock pot for 6 hours. Add sour cream about 5 minutes before you eat! We put it with some rice! It was fabulous for only 260 calories per chicken breast! Enjoy!
    This sounds as yummy as the official MFP Salsa Crockpot recipe. lol Except having cheese in it sounds well, umm, yummier! Gonna try it, love how the chicken just shreds so nicely when cooked up in the crockpot.

Thanks so much for posting it!
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • milleka
    milleka Posts: 4
    Options
    This sounds delicious! I think I'm going to make it for my family tomorrow night! Thanks so much for the recipe!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    ohhhhh nice....gonna try that! Thank you!
  • DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    gonna have to try that too...we love mexican and I'm always looking for more crockpot meals so I don't have to heat our apt up in the hot summer!! Thanks!!
  • mhagoaliemom
    mhagoaliemom Posts: 110
    Options
    Yum! Love those crockpot meals!:drinker:
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    Yummmm! I will have to try that! I have been so digging on the cheddar cheese soup! I is so so yummy broccoli and cauliflower!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I made it for lunch today using the cream of mushroom soup and served it with steamed broccoli! YUM
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea, not normally a big crock pot cooker, but with our hecktic schedules, this sounds great!!!!!
  • milleka
    milleka Posts: 4
    Options
    Made this tonight for supper - it was quite a hit with the entire family. Thanks for the recipe!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    yum! :happy:
  • DoctorLaura
    DoctorLaura Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this.