Fat tummy! :(

Options
OK, I need help. I am 5'7" and about 149lbs. Trying to get down to 135....

Anyway, I was always a skinny girl, even after the birth of my two kids (weighed about 110 before kids 130 after my second child - not bad). My weight gain has mostly happened in the last two years. I attribute it to getting older (I turned 30 this year) and quitting smoking.

So anyway, getting to my point...most of this weight that I have gained in the past two years is showing up in the tummy area! I have gained all over (I can see it in my face, thighs, butt, boobs are bigger, etc) but I have this awful pooch that I never had before. Not even after my kids were born. They are 10 and 4.5 so I can't understand why I'd develop this tummy pooch NOW. Makes no sense to me.

I suck it in now constantly, out of habit. But if I let it go, I look 5 months pregnant, no joke. Because the rest of me isn't all that big KWIM?

So WDYT?

Thanks, Becky

Replies

• searchcj
    searchcj Posts: 5
    Options
    This has always been a problem area for me and once again I'm working on getting my weight back off. The last time I love weight, I found that my belly fat went down when I did aerobic exercise and strength training. Windsor pilates helped a lot too. Good luck!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Work out like crazy, do pilates and core exercises along with high cardio. Drink a ton of water. Eat a TABLE SPOON of Cinnamon every day and also each garlic. Both of these things are believed to reduce belly/body fat. I learned about it in a magazine called oxygen. I have been doing it now since february and have lost a bunch of weight. My lower tummy is getting rock hard for the first time! Remember, we can do anything we put our minds too. Mind over matter will make the pooh unfatter :) Good Luck! LISA
  • MchelleBoise
    Options
    Becky, I understand the frustration. I have never been extreemly thin, but I still have 20lbs to lose after having my son (who is 2). I see the rest of me toning up with cardio and weight training, but my belly just pooches out there too.. UGH... You are not alone and together we can all support each other to reach our goals. I did not know about the cinnomon and garlic (thanks k12177) and I am willing to try it... LOL.. Best of luck to ya~

~michelle
  • kdbell
    kdbell Posts: 37
    Options
    Work out like crazy, do pilates and core exercises along with high cardio. Drink a ton of water. Eat a TABLE SPOON of Cinnamon every day and also each garlic. Both of these things are believed to reduce belly/body fat. I learned about it in a magazine called oxygen. I have been doing it now since february and have lost a bunch of weight. My lower tummy is getting rock hard for the first time! Remember, we can do anything we put our minds too. Mind over matter will make the pooh unfatter :) Good Luck! LISA

A TABLE SPOON OF CINNAMON.. IS THAT WITH WATER, MY FRIENDS HAVE DARED PEOPLE TO DO THAT AS A JOKE BECAUSE IT SUCKS ALL THE MOISTURE FROM YOUR MOUTH AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR CHOKING... can you clarify?
  • all4tjs
    all4tjs Posts: 51
    Options
    OMG!!! Me too! I gained- my ponch and bubble butt- and only since I had quit smoking and hit about 28yrs old (I am now 30). Great question and would also like to know others advice :)
  • armydreamers
    armydreamers Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's so strange. I swear, i see women who are much thicker/heavier than me with flatter stomachs!