How long until you moms reached pre-preg weight?

Options
I have a 4 mo. old and I am still wearing my stupid motherhood pants that I have been wearing for the whole pregnancy. I'm so tired of them- I can't wear regular pants. I just "spill" out of them in all sorts of ways. Please, ladies, be honest with me and tell me how long it took you to get your body back...and what you did to get there!!!

Not that it's important to you but I was 118lbs pre-preggy and was 155lbs. when I had my babe. I am now 133lbs. But I just wont budge. I watch my cals and exercise 5 days a week (moderate---cant run with my huge boobies!) and NOTHING! HELP MOMS!

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I can't help you there. I never want to go back to my pre-pregancy weights. I lost weight during both pregnancies being on a strict gestational diabetes diet and exercising. I weigh at least 80 or 90 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight.

But if you are really trying hard, exercising and eating right and it's still not coming off, you might want to see your doctor. My sister was diagnosed with hypothyroid disease after her 2nd pregancy which causes her to gain weight without medication. It's apparently pretty common after pregnancy. Maybe you should get tested.

Also, if you are still nursing, you might be carrying a little extra weight on top that will go away afterwards, so don't be so hard on yourself. Look into getting a good sports bra like an Enell bra that is super compression... absolutely no bouncing. Bouncing is not comfortable, especially if you are nursing.
  • AlyssasMommy
    AlyssasMommy Posts: 191
    Options
    I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy. Yikes! 10 of those pounds came off effortlessly but the rest I had to work for. I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight at about 9.5 months post partum. Since then I have continued losing weight. I am currently 13 pounds below my pre-preggo weight. 4 pounds to my goal :) Good luck Momma!!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I've had three kids and with the firs two I was able to get within about 15 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight within about five months or so, which I was fine with, but this last one, wooo doggie!

My youngest is two and I am the heaviest I have ever been even while pregnant. I weigh 180 pounds, 20 more than when I gave birth to him. A big part of it was I became very sick two months after he was born with asthma and was put on steroids. Lots of them.

But I have to tell you, while I am not happy with my weight, I have recenlty learned not to stress out that I am not losing weight like I used to. I am older, I can't exercise like I used to and I am on medications. I will keep doing what I'm doing and I know that if I make my first priority to be healthy, weight loss will follow.
  • lharbolt
    lharbolt Posts: 6
    Options
    It took nine months to put on the weight and it takes time to get it back off. You'll get there. I could never lose weight even with breastfeeding. I was able to get the weight off after I quit breastfeeding. Don't know why, I heard so many others go on and on about all the weight they lost from breastfeeding.
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    My daughters are 17 and 18......and here I am :wink:

Noooo....I guess it took around 6 months to feel that I was back into my normal clothes. And yes, it definitely got easier when I stopped breast-feeding and 'got my body back to myself', if you see what I mean. Sometimes its not losing weight it's more toning up the bits you have got. Enjoy your little one....time goes real fast :smile:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I was dealt really good genes & Was able to drop every bit of the 50+ lbs I put on within the 9weeks maternity leave that I took with my first, I actually wore my normal clothes home from the hospital! (tells you how much water I was retaining!!) BUT I put all of the weight back on & then some. When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter I weighed more than I did when I gave birth to my son. I lost 18lbs during pregnancy & lost another 25ish within the 6 weeks leave I had with her. Too bad my pre-pregnant weight was still in the overweight range. I've been at it for a yr & a half & have passed my pre-pregnant weight by 32lbs.:flowerforyou: GL tp you!
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    I probably dropped the weight in the first 3 months or so with exclusivly breastfeeding, but with my last pregnancy I only gained about 20 lbs. Unfortuanlty in the next year I gained it all back and then some :(

That being said. MY BODY was not back to "normal" shape even when I lost that 20lbs. So even if you loose the weight you may not fit into those pants ever, Your hips change, everything changes. I'm not saying that you can never go to a smaller size, but some things never fit the same. In Jan I started on MFP and with eating right and trying to fit workouts in with two kids (usually Jillian Michaels shred or the Wii) I lost 35 lbs and counting and my baby pouch is down huge. I figure that even when I reach my goal weight I'll still have to work on my bellly, but as you loose it does go down.

So maybe don't worry so much about lbs and measure.Try to do some ab work daily (I know you don't get a six pack from just crunches but combined with eating well I found the crunches did help target the belly area). Yes some of my cloths don't fit the same, but I found I'm loving my body more and more as I loose weight and get healthy, you'll get there. Just think once the baby is running around you'll burn a ton of calories chasing him/her.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    well let's see, my last one was born in 1987...................:wink::laugh: