I'm Back

Options
I'm back and im not proud. But im tired of lying to myself, I was a lot happier, and healthier when i first came to MFP. I then just fell out of it. I'm tired of lying to myself, and on my 27th b'day last month I got a bout of anxiety again. I need to do this. Since then I've gotten a beautiful girlfriend and I will marry her one day, once i stop lying to myself about how i live my life. I am finally going to try to take charge. I just need a little encouragement.

Replies

• aedan77
    aedan77 Posts: 11
    Options
    First of all happy birthday, second of all, you're goatee is cool as hell, third of all, YOU HAVE A CHICK! That's awesome! The fact that you want to make a change is inspirational in itself. DON'T LET YOURSELF DOWN. Always log EVERYTHING you eat. Give yourself 2 days to have 2 cheat meals. What I find helps is, whenever I have a craving, i just write down what I'm craving, so when my cheat day comes, I KNOW what my cheat meal is and i plan ahead. Never eat more than the serving size or cut down, and try to stay away from bad carbs, As a dude, i found it beneficial to working out in the morning (testosterone levels are higher), crank up some tunes and you're good to go. ALWAYS PLAN MEALS IN ADVANCE, and keep a healthy caloric deficit.

RECORD EVERYTHING! Including your workouts, mix it up so that they challenge you, because if it doesn't challenge you, it WON'T change you, AND THIS NEW LIFESTYLE WILL BE A CHALLENGE AT FIRST....and it WILL cause dramatic change.

Goodluck buddy!
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I am also getting back to seriously trying to loose this weight. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other on this journey. :happy:
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! :wink: I am a newbie...third day here now...but have been down this road so many times to lose weight and get in shape. You can do it and I can do it! Let's go!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

By the way...I am so thrilled to have found this site! It is awesome!
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. You have a brilliant positive attitude. Good luck on achieving your goals.
    Jane
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and you've already taken the step to make the changes you want... and you know we are all here to encourage you and each other. I'm happy for you that you've found the love of your life.. Don't put yourself down.. life gets in the way sometimes..but you have realized that and now it's time to take care of YOU!!! We are here for you.. Friend me if you'd like.. I'll help if I can but I'm lots older than you... but I am a good cheerleader!!! :) YOU CAN DO THIS!:flowerforyou: