i hate veggies

Options
I need to loose 50 lbs in 6months but i have trouble with myy food i have to eat. For the last 3 dys,i avoided fatty foods and cabs like rice and meat abd focus on more healthy food like veggies. But the problem is.. I hate veggies since i was a kid. It tastes awful and bitter. I have to put a lot of sugar and salt before i could eat it and i know sugar nd salt are bad. Please help me out to make my veggies taste beter without so much effort and calories or just recommend me some easy low calories recipe that i culd do without fire or oven. I kinda have phobia with heat. Thanks

I need friends btw. Please add me :)

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Try making a basic salad (lettuce, tomatos, cucumbers) with your own homemade salad dressing. An easy one is olive oil mixed with balsamic vinegar. Balsamic vinegar is naturally sweet so it will help your veggies taste better without making it unhealthy at all! Then, slowly you can start to add a few more new veggies in to experiment and try to get a taste for them.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Stir fries.

Garlic and onion.

Balsamic vinegar.

FF broth.

Cooking with these adds lots of flavor with little calorie addition.
  • morethanideserve
    Options
    Thanks. I'll try balsamic vinegar.
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    There are lots of past posts on this topic-use the search to find them. Here are some things you might want to try-roasted veggies taste sweeter, grate up veggies into soup or casseroles (zucchini, carrots, potatoes, etc.) or mix a bit of veg into something you already like. For example, if you like mashed potatoes, try mixing in some broccoli, peas or cauliflower. If you like chicken noodle soup, add in extra peas, celery, diced carrots (or other veggies you want to try). Try some veggies raw-some are naturally sweet such as red peppers and carrots. I don't like lettuce salads everyday, but I like chopped salads with cucumbers, tomatoes and green onions. Like a previous poster said, a good vinaigrette goes a long way. I dislike almost all ready made dressings, but it's easy to make a delicious vinaigrette.