over 100 lbs to lose

Hi i just started 2 weeks ago, i have lots of weight to lose. I think something just clicked, like i have heard people say before, and i am really ready to do this. I would love to any supporters, and any advice!
Thanks everyone.

Replies

• missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    water lots of water and exercise, whether walking, biking, just find what you like to do and do it!!!Im in the same boat would like to lose 100 but will settle for 69. keep going!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Welcome and it sounds like you are at that moment in time where you are ready to tackle this...and that is so important. My best advice is to relax and take it day by day. Realize you'll have those days that are tough, when you have almost uncontrollable cravings, and let that "failure" mentality slip back in. On those days I'd go ahead and feed those cravings, in a reasonable amount, try to fit it in to my calories for the day (or at least not go way over), and then NOT beat myself up and continue on my way the next day. You'll get to the point where you don't see it as failure, but as a method to survive for the long haul. I think people, myself included, always told myself that if I had a "bad" day...why even try? Wrong! It just means we're all human so, in the end, those things will happen. So relax and enjoy each small and large victory that you experience on this journey to better health.
  • younginaz
    younginaz Posts: 71 Member
    I also have over 100 to lose and just started. So far I am keeping on track. I am using protien shakes for breakfast and lunch with two yogart and raw veggies snacks in between.

My weakness is dinner. I alway eat too much dinner. I have been trying to really concentrate on my portions, but have still slipped twice this week. Both days I slipped I missed by lunch shake.

I think eating those small meals all day really helps. The weeks I do that I consistently lose a couple of pounds.

PS: How do you post a new thread on this site?
  • I myself have over 100lbs to lose, so far I have only lost 24 not bad for 3 months of dieting though. But like Missylee said, lots of water, exercise and eating right. Just the water alone was a big step for me. If you fall get back up and try again. Its hard to do, but with the support of this sight you can do it! If it wasn't for MFP I wouldn't have gotten this far! We are all here to help and motivate!!!
  • Thank you my weakness is dinner too. Great advice!
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Welcome! I'm back to MFP after doing Weight Watchers for a little while. I also have over 100 pounds that I'd like to lose. Good luck to you, and FR sent!
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    you've got this. I've got about 80 to lose, but I'm trying to settle for 50, as long as I can lift and build muscle. Im of the mentality of everything in moderation. one day wont kill your diet, as it didn't take one day for it to all come on. Good luck!!
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    I have a little over 200 total to lose. So far I am at a 60lb loss. I use Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds video and use MFP to count my calories. I refuse to "diet" because I am positive I won't be able to maintain a diet for the rest of my life. So I eat healthier and have a generally better diet.

Good luck! You can do it!
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    i have over 100 pounds to lose to, this web site is the best its has really helped me keep track of my food and i love the motivation