Batwings

Options
You know that thing that happens to arms when you're fat. The batwing effect.

Any ideas I could do with weights at home? I'm tired of my arm continuing to waive when I stop.............

Replies

• Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    try doing dips... you dont need any weights a bottom stair works well or the coffee table this exercise works the tricep muscle which is where the whole batwing thing is!
  • merbee
    merbee Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh - I can't wait to see the answers to this one !!!! I have always been a pretty solid fat person - but now that I have lost some weight - and 2 inches off my upper arm - these batwings have appeared that are freaking me out !!!! I saw them one day in the mirror - now that it is summer and the short sleeves come out. I was mortified!!! I even took a picture of them !!!! I tell everyone that my arms are looking for that 2" of fat to fill up all that sagging again.
  • evanlyn
    evanlyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of my arm continuing to waive when I stop.............

LOL! Know that feeling. We call them "Bingo wings" in the UK.

I asked one of the trainers at my gym about this a few days ago. She's now got me doing dips (as suggested by Eliannasmom). Going to review in 4 weeks to see if there's been any improvement.
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Can someone direct where to go read read about "dips", I don't know what they are. Thanks
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of my arm continuing to waive when I stop.............

LOL! Know that feeling. We call them "Bingo wings" in the UK.

I asked one of the trainers at my gym about this a few days ago. She's now got me doing dips (as suggested by Eliannasmom). Going to review in 4 weeks to see if there's been any improvement.

How many dips did she suggest??
  • evanlyn
    Options
    Not sure about articles but if you hop over to You Tube and search for "tricep dips" there's plenty of clips to show how it's done.
  • evanlyn
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Just 2 sets of 15 reps. She reckons this is enough to start seeing results.
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Just 2 sets of 15 reps. She reckons this is enough to start seeing results.
    [/quote]

Thanks! have already been to the gym today but am now frantically looking round my office for something to dip on!
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    I only have a rocking chair and a swinging chair, and I think those are pretty unsafe to dips on... Might try the coffee table, but that could flip over.