Problems with my Polat FT4 HRM

Options
I've just bought the Polar FT4 HRM and was all fired up to start using it but I can't get a HR reading on it.

I've wet the chest strap, attached the transmitter and made sure that the chest strap is on tight enough. I have then pressed the OK button on the watch and it appears to be trying to read my HR but then displays Check heart rate transmitter!

I have replaced the battery in the transmitter but no joy.

Can anyone help please? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Christine

Replies

• Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    The first time I set mine up it took what seemed like a long time to pick up my heart rate and I thought it didn't work. After it finally displayed my heart rate the first time, it took only a few seconds after that. Make sure the part of the strap that requires water is wet enough otherwise it won't work.
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The first sync for me took the longest. After that it only takes a few seconds. Just keep trying it will find it.
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Did you get it to work?
  • smw1023
    smw1023 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I first got my FT4 it would not find a heart rate, just kept reading 00. Tried everything suggested and 00. Called Polar customer service the next morning, they emailed me a paid UPS label to send it in and in a few days Polar shipped it back to me with an invoice stating transmitter failed testing and a new transmitter--it has worked great ever since. Give them a call and good luck!
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Make sure it s wet enough and high enough on your chest. I had this problem recently and then it started working.