My mid P90X Tranformation with Pics!

Options
1235»

Replies

• fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Awesome! This just totally makes me more excited to keep pushing ahead. I'm almost finished with week 3 so just starting here, but looking forward to similar results I hope. Thanks for sharing!

Your doing P90 too, I'm thinking about doing it. I've already lost some weight but I want to tone. How's it working?
  • sabauman
    sabauman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on telling my story because I don't think I really have anything to tell that can be nearly as inspiring at some of the stories I've heard.

At my heaviest I weighed in at 230 lbs. I had gotten to the point where I didn't really care about how I looked or felt anymore. At the time I was an active alcoholic usually consuming upwards of 2-3 liters of vodka every day. I finally hit my bottom and committed my life to my King and Savior. Since that time, I struggled through replacing alcohol with anything that could make me feel better, including over eating.

One day I just got tired of feeling like crap and having no energy to do anything. So I downloaded a C25K app and started running. That's when I realized that I could turn my addictive behavior into some good and I became obsessed with my health and fitness.

60 days ago I decided I needed to step it up and I started P90X, the rest is history and the photos below are just a beginning to where I want to be.

Here is my heaviest at 230lbs in 2010
    f19031721_zps3077e338.jpg

These are when I started P90X. The first picture is 30 days prior to starting.
    P90XDay28challengeprogress_zpsbce18f6e.jpg

This picture is at 60 days taken today (3/7/2013)
    IMG_0076_zpsc37a09d2.jpg

Another 4 weeks of P90X and I'm expecting bigger results! :D

Good job, what type of diet did you do to go along with it. I'm sure those results include a good diet!

P90X comes with a nutrition plan and I think a lot of people think they can get results from just the workouts. But it's true, as I've mentioned before. 80% of results in diet (nutrition) I don't like to use the word diet because diets end. It really is a life style change. I'm not one to stick to a strict plan, I'm more portion oriented. So even though there are daily recipes there is also a portion option. my calculated calorie intake was 2400 calories but from experience and at my age I knew that was too high. so I started at 1800 calories and was meticulous at hitting my macros (50% protein/30% carbs/20%fat). Is it hard to hit those everyday just eating whole foods? YES! So yes I do use protein powder to get enough protein. I eat a ton of tuna, chicken, breast, turkey breast, fish etc... when I got to 6 weeks, I switched to 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fat to give me more energy in my workouts. :)
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    Wow! Way to turn your life around! You DO have an inspiring story, and you should share it. :smile: :flowerforyou:

Totally agree with the above! Well done!
  • sabauman
    sabauman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to turn your life around! You DO have an inspiring story, and you should share it. :smile: :flowerforyou:

Totally agree with the above! Well done!

Thank you!
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    great job! Keep up the great work!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!