polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    DRINK MORE!!!
    EXERCISE MORE!

But don't exercise when drunk!!
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    DeadVim dutifully checks into a booze thread.

My name is DeadVim and I am a enthusiastic consumer of the grape.

I eat well, I get drunk, I do weird stuff and I still lose weight.

It's a mission statement of sorts.

^^^ what he said :drinker:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to have one 4 oz serving of wine in a day, if I want it. I'm French. Wine is a food.
  • ivyana25
    ivyana25 Posts: 76
    Options
    I drink 5 or 6 beers usually on saturdays but i also run 5 miles on that day... so that gives me some allowance...
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    just not drinking it. i love to drink. i'm irish. it is in my blood. but until i hit my goal and i know i can keep at it, i'm not going to drink any more (and if i do drink, i'm going to only drink a glass or two of red wine and be done with it for that day). other than that, log it, understand it, deal with it.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Calories from alcohol should be logged and fit in to your goals. If it is making you feel gross, bloated, or emaciated, then you should probably consider whether it is worth it? If the alcohol fits in to your plan for the day, then great....if it doesn't, then consider if the extra calories and feeling bad are worth it to you.

^^^ If it makes me feel bad, I don't do it... fortunately, me and beer go together like peas and carrots! :laugh:
  • rdjamis
    rdjamis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    like!
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I drink as long as it fits in my calories. On days when I know I'm going out I usually do a little extra cardio to fit a few extra drinks in. I usually avoid beer though, since it has a bad calories:drunkeness ratio. You get much better value from straight liquor :bigsmile:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    When I started counting calories it was the first time that I was so relieved that I hate alcohol ha ha
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    A glass of wine nowdays is much, much bigger than the usual measure we see on websites or with reference values. Generally, three glasses of wine is an entire bottle. Which is gonna be far, far more than 300 calories.

Plus, wine usually has higher alcohol content now, 13 - 15% isn't unusual - that boosts the calorie content even higher.

Personally, I drink. I'm human, not some abstinent image of earthly perfection. But it fits in my calories, and it's not an incredibly frequent occurrence. My diary's open if anybody wishes to check that, BTW.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I drink less. About all you can do really.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I will have one glass of wine or one beer about every two weeks. I dont really count calories but I dont like drinking the day before I workout. So I drink the night before a rest day.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I always anticipate how much I'm gonna be drinking. So on weekends I'll make sure to get plenty of cardio in and take it easy on the carbs as I know I'll be getting a *kitten* ton in that night. I log the amount of drinks my limit will add and try to avoid food all together when I'm drunk because I know I'll keep eating if I don't. When I'm done for the night I take 2x the amount of Magnessium, zinc, and niacin then slam ALOT of water, I'm saying maybe a half gallon or more depending on how much I've been boozing. I don't get hang overs but if I don't drink water before I got to bed I'll feel weak and frail the next day from extreme dehydration.
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Drinking it . . . regularly. And measuring and logging it.(And losing weight.)

But, seriously, three glasses of wine for 300 calories? Not unless you're drinking out of a kids cup. When I drink wine, I pull out the measuring cup. 6 oz of wine is not a lot.
  • altygirl
    altygirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to drink wine most days and it definitely got in the way of weight loss. I gave it up about three weeks ago and feel great. I said I was giving it up for Lent, but I'm going to continue after Easter. I put about 2oz of Pom in a water goblet then fill it up with sparkling water. It's delicious.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I have a drink nearly every day and count it like anything else.
    You are welcome to look at my diary or add me.

eta - Agreed, measure it. Get a jigger or use a liquids measuring cup. :drinker: