Starting TODAY!

Options
Hi,

I'm a 36 year old with a great husband, a beautiful 15 month old son and a full time job. Since Nathan's arrival in Feb 2009 I have made several attempts to get back into exercising but a combination of PND and sheer bloody exhaustion have kept me off the straight and narrow.

To be fair I am currently slimmer and lighter than my pre-pregnancy body but not anywhere near as fit. I am hoping that by starting this tracker I can get to where I am comfortable, healthy and full of energy. So my main goal is to up the exercise ante which, along with a sensible 80/20 approach to healthy eating, should lead to a firming up of the few suspect areas so I can be body confident into my forties.

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great tool to help you reach your fitness goals. Good luck and congrats on your 15mo. old. I'm sure your getting more and more sleep now.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome! May I ask what the 80/20 is? I know it has to be something I already, but not able to get my brain started this morning.
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    80/20 - eat a healthy balanced diet 80% of the time, be naughty (or at least more relaxed) 20% of the time.
  • yepitsmel
    yepitsmel Posts: 14
    Options
    Love the 80/20!!!!
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    I like the 80/20 too!! Wont be long b4 you're doing 10Ks @ lunchtime :D

Welcome D! :glasses:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll do great. Sounds like you have some wonderful motivation!
    Steph
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Most athletes will tell you they do 80/20 but of course they work out more than we do...but almost everywhere I've read in health magazines and websites, have all said 80/20 is the best way to stay on track. :happy: Welcome, by the way!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Welcome! You have found a wonderful site that's for sure! I think you'll love the community here as well. Best of luck achieving your goals here!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like that idea thanks:drinker:
  • deblynn50
    deblynn50 Posts: 5
    Options
    Today is my first day to make a change because I cannot keep putting it off...:flowerforyou:
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcome messages.

I decided on the 80/20 approach because its more realistic for where I am now with my life than 10 years ago when I was a gym bunny and food control freak extraordinaire ;oP