Roasted Butternut Squash Crockpot Soup Recipe

Options
I love soup, and i'm not much of a squash person, but this is just one of the best soups I've made :) I used my mums mums recipe for this and just tweaked it a little bit and added some things to it to spice it up, cause it did seem kind of plain :)

Ingredients
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium red pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 (32oz) box of chicken OR beef broth
- 1/2 cup of half and half cream
- salt & pepper to taste

1. cut/peel the skin off your carrot and butternut squash. cut the carrot up into 1" pieces and slice your butternut squash into 4 pieces, and taking the guts out of it. Cut your onion into quarters and cut your pepper in half and take out the guts. Place your squash, carrot, red pepper, and onion on a pan and roast in the oven for @ 450 for 45 minutes or until they are soft.

2. while that's cooking, empty your choice of broth into a crock pot. cut up the celery into slices and throw that in to. Then add your cut up potatoes.

3. when your other veggies are done, slice them up best you can and add to your crock pot. Add your amount of salt and pepper. Cook on high for about 5 hours or until your potatoes are soft. Next take an immersion blender (the hand held ones) and puree your soup to your preferred consistency. Add your 1/2 and 1/2 cream and cook for another hour or so. VOILA! Roasted butternut squash soup.

Replies

• mayeast
    mayeast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks I am going to try this as it sounds really nice - as well as easy.