30 day shred?

Options
For those of you who have done it, how many times did you stop day 1? I actually didn't stop too much, but I definitely had moments when I was just staring at her while she did that jumprope thing.
Also, would it be effective if I did it two days in a row, then took a rest day, then did two more days in row?

Replies

• jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 or 3 days to actually get all the way through the first part, at first I was dying and had to turn it off early... If it works better for you to take a rest day every couple days, go for it! Maybe do something different that day, like a walk or a bike ride.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am stupid, because I wanted to prove to Jillian, who doesnt know I exist, that I could do the jumping jacks. she said she had 300 pound people who did it, and there was no variation of the the jumping jack. So I did it. That was almost a year ago and my knee is not healed yet. I love the workout though, its my fault about the knee thing cause I should NOT have done jumping jacks. Sorry, this does not anwer your question! It was just funny you said you stared while she did the jumping thing.
  • weffie11
    weffie11 Posts: 91
    Options
    The first time I had to stop many times, but I tried to just take the 5 sec rest and carry on. By the end of Level1, I could just about do it all the way through (those shoulder raises!). I actually did 2 weeks on each level and I'm due to start Level 3 on Monday. I've only had one day where I didn't do it. I lost inches by the end of the first week and that's carried on, so stick with it even when you can't get all the way through an exercise - like she says, just keep moving! Good luck!
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did it every second day for about 3 wks but did not take breaks during the workout and then started doing it every day on March 1. That helped me build up to it. I dont take breaks now unless I am taking a sip of water and even at that I am still moving while drinking. You are not supposed to take any days off for the 30 days but I am not a machine! : )
    I just did day 8 of Level 1 but I took one day off (yesterday) as I weigh in on Sat and I retain water when I work out so I did not want to have that show up on my weigh in this morning. I am starting level 2 in a few days and looking forward to the change in routine but it will be much much harder.

Good luck!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    hehe i took me till day 4 before i could do all of level 1 :( but carried on and was surprised how quickly i could do each level, now i'v nearly finished level 3, do what you can and you will see results - promise! don't give up though, its such a short workout, count to 5 when it's too much and carry on, good luck :smile:
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    I just started it. I have back issues so I am not doing it everyday yet. I did it for the 2nd time last night. I stop A LOT.. I have a feeling I will be on the 1st video for a long time and I am ok with that.. I am just proud that I make it all the way through. I am enjoying it though :) GL!
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of level one. It's taken me nearly 2 weeks to get here though. I've been sore, sick, and TOM so, I'm not getting there as fast as I want to. I made it all the way thru from the first, but it was darn hard to do. I think for most of us, taking a break every few days is perfectly ok. I plan on going 3-4 days in a row, then riding my bike or walking on my off day. Good luck!!
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've made it to level 2 before I had to stop to move across the country. The end of the level definitely is easier than when you're first starting it.

I've started doing Ripped in 30 and I find it MUCH easier than 30DS. I'd love to say that it's because 30DS prepped me, but it didn't really. The moves are different, and when I stopped to move, I didn't pick it back up like I should have. Between diet and doing 30DS I lost 8lbs in 2.5 months...I gained it all back. My husband came home from deployment, and I swear we ate out twice a week once we got settled, and every day we had fast food while we were driving 3,000 miles and then living out of a hotel for a week while looking for a house. (Yeah, I'm justifying my weight gain...)

Anyway. Yes, it's hard. Yes, it gets easier. You have to push yourself. I do HIGHLY suggest doing more stretches than she has you do in the warm up and cool down. Especially in the calves. Nearly all of the cardio in level 1 works your calves. Stretch them well. I didn't, and I was cramping up by day 3. I'm hoping that when I'm done with Ripped in 30, 30DS will be easier the second go around as far as calf muscle strain.

Btw. she doesn't say if you should take a rest day or not in the DVD, but honestly, your body needs a break. I take Sundays as my rest and official weigh in day. (I sometimes take a peek at the scale sooner, but oh well.) in Ripped in 30, she specifically says to take a rest day in the intro.

Best of luck! Be careful though, Jillian workouts are hard, and addicting.