breakfast

Options
i need some ideas for some really quick and easy good healthy breakfasts... i know i need to eat breakfast, but i normally dont, and i definitely do not have time to cook ever!! seeing as how i am supposed to be at work already and i'm just now getting outta the shower.. so needless to say i am always running really late.. i'm trying to cut bread and sugar outta my diet so toast is not a good idea and neither is a lot of cereals or granola bars. help!

Replies

• sunnyskys
    sunnyskys Posts: 43
    Options
    you could try lowfat yogurt. grab and apple or some fruit.

make veggie sticks and peanut butter the night before. or cream cheese if you dont like peanut butter. easy to grab and eat in the car on the way to work.
    Hope this helps
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I just discovered Quaker old fashioned oatmeal and blueberries....It's actually pretty tasty
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    2 or three egg omlette... I eat this almost every morning. I made a two egger today with vidalia onion and sweet red pepper with a little bit of marble cheese (about 1/8 cup). Here are the stats from that meal:

Calories: 253
    Carbs: 3
    Fat: 17
    Protein: 18
    Iron: 8
    Sodium: 255

BREAKFAST WIN for sure. If you need some carbs, pop a banana into the mix and it pretty much rounds out this meal. Or a nice glass of fruit or veg juice.
  • becca0wnz
    becca0wnz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personally try to only eat carbs in the AM hours and on the days I exercise I have a little more than usual. Here are some of my fav breakfast combos:

Very filling and lots of protein:
    1 slice of whole wheat toast topped with....
    1 teaspoon of sugar free strawberry jam &
    1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
    and 3 hard boiled or scrambled egg whites

Another one of my favs that keep me full:

3 Turkey slices
    1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese
    3 scrambled egg whites

Hope this helps!!
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I can usually do a piece of fresh fruit and a handful of peanuts. Also you can boil a couple eggs while you're in the shower.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I really like some yogurt with a small handful of old fashioned oats or some milled flaxseed mixed in. It seems to "stick to my ribs" better with some oats or the seeds added :)

HB eggs are great too. We boil a whole carton of eggs at a time so they're in the fridge ready to grab.