Chicken Recipe?

Options
caitlin15
caitlin15 Posts: 28
Hey Everyone!

I am super busy through the day, I work 7:30-5:30 so by the time I get home I'm starving and tired. I do a workout but still have to make dinner. I love chicken and need recipes that are delicious, quick and easy.

Through your recipes my way! YUM!

:D

Replies

• UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bumping for later because I love chicken
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This isn't really a recipe, but I tend to grill or bake a bunch of chicken on Sundays. So then throughout the week I can use that chicken for whatever to just warm-up. I don't like to have to cook a bunch during the week after work. Sometimes it would be a chicken fiesta salad so I'd cut it all up. Sometimes just plain with some veggies. And there's many more choices :)
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love throwing chicken breast in the crock pot with some taters and carrots, 4 hrs on high or 8 hrs on low!
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    Options
    I cook my chicken in the crockpot with some lemon pepper seasoning. Its soooo good. The only thing you have to fix when you get home are the sides.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I will share my 2 favorites and give you you links to some others.

HG's Need-a-Fajita Chicken Bowl

Bowling for Chicken

We love the idea of big bowls of food for one. But do they have to be fast-food-fatty and high in calories? Noooooooo! Read on for our latest FANTASTIC recipe... the Need-a-Fajita Chicken Bowl!

Ingredients:
    2/3 cup cooked brown rice (prepared without added fat)
    1 tbsp. salsa verde (a.k.a. green salsa)
    1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
    Squirt of lime juice
    3 1/2 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into small strips
    1/2 cup chopped red & green bell peppers
    1/3 cup chopped onion
    1/2 tsp. dry fajita seasoning mix
    1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
    2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    2 tbsp. (regular) salsa

Directions:
    To make the cilantro sauce, combine salsa verde, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.

In another bowl, combine chicken, peppers, and onion, and sprinkle evenly with fajita seasoning. Add 1 tbsp. water and mix well.

Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add chicken-veggie mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Remove from heat, stir in black beans, and set aside.

Place rice in a microwave-safe bowl. If needed, nuke until hot. Top with chicken-veggie-bean mixture and cheese. If you like, nuke briefly to melt cheese. Finish it off with salsa and cilantro sauce. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 bowl (entire recipe)
    Calories: 386
    Fat: 3g
    Sodium: 700mg
    Carbs: 52.5g
    Fiber: 7.5g
    Sugars: 6.5g
    Protein: 35g

POINTS® value 7*

HG's Jumpin' Jack Chicken with Mashies Platter

The Full Monty...

No time for chit-chat. We're making over an entire meal with a fraction of the fat & calories of the restaurant version. It's our Jumpin' Jack Chicken with Mashies Platter!

Ingredients:

For Sides
    3 oz. cubed red potato (1 - 2 small potatoes), not peeled
    1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
    1 1/2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
    1 tbsp. fat-free nondairy liquid creamer (like Coffee-mate's)
    Dash salt, or more to taste
    1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
    1 tsp. dry country-style/white gravy mix (like McCormick's)
    Dash black pepper, or more to taste
    Optional: reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping

For Chicken
    1 strip center-cut or turkey bacon
    6 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
    Dash each salt & black pepper, or more to taste
    1 tbsp. BBQ sauce (about 45 calories per 2-tbsp. serving)
    2 tbsp. shredded reduced-fat cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese (or 4-cheese blend)
    1 tbsp. diced tomato
    1 tbsp. chopped scallions

Directions:
    In a covered microwave-safe bowl, nuke potatoes & cauliflower with 2 tbsp. water for 6 minutes, until very tender. Drain any excess water. Add sour cream, creamer, & salt. Mash well. If you like, add more salt. Cover to keep warm. Nuke broccoli in a covered microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp. water for 4 minutes, until thawed & hot. Drain excess water. Cover to keep warm.

Cook bacon per package directions (without added fat). Halve & set aside. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Turn heat off, but keep chicken in the pan on the stove. Top with BBQ sauce, bacon, & cheese. Cover and let cheese melt.

Combine dry gravy mix with 1/3 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl. Nuke for 2 minutes. Stir well. Nuke for 1 - 2 more minutes, until thickened. Season with pepper, stir well, and set aside. Plate mashies & veggies, reheating if needed. Spoon gravy over mashies. If you like, sprinkle veggies with Parm-style topping, salt, and/or pepper. Plate chicken, and top with tomatoes & scallions. Eat!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire meal
    Calories: 468
    Fat: 8g
    Sodium: 1,010mg
    Carbs: 39g
    Fiber: 9g
    Sugars: 12.5g
    Protein: 52g

POINTS® value 9*

and you can visit http://tinyurl.com/3ynh25h
  • Garcialynne