hCG

Options
Are there any other people out there using hCG? I'm on day 7 and sure would love to hear from some other people who are going through or have gone through it.

Thanks, Stacie

Replies

• MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that's done it. From watching her and talking to her I gather it's incredibly hard but she gets great results.
  • Lisalivinlife13
    Options
    I tried it many years ago at a Weight Loss clinic with very poor results.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Any specific questions?
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I didn't do well at all either. So far I've done the best on here just eating healthy.
  • msrichmond
    msrichmond Posts: 18
    Options
    I lost about 50 lbs on it and have been in the maintenance phase for about 1.5 months fluctuating between 40-50 lbs lost. I thought it was the easiest weight loss I've ever done. I took HCG for 51 days and was hardly ever hungry at all. I made all my meals for the entire week every Sunday and put them in tupperware. Very simple and time saving.

I had twice as much energy while on the HCG than I had before. Burning 3500 calories/day gives you plenty of energy!

I did not use a clinic, I researched it thoroughly and did it myself. Clinics make more money the longer you stay with them, so they're incented to make sure you lose weight slowly or not at all. So while they may give you HCG, they might change it slightly from the original protocol so it doesn't work as well. It cost me about $150 for the HCG & mixing supplies for the entire 51 days. But my food bill was about $25/week, so it more than paid for itself.

I've kept steady at this weight by eating better and following the maintenance routine that is clearly laid out in the program. If I gain a few lbs, I eat a little better for a couple days and it goes away. Easy. For example, over Memorial Day Weekend I gained 8 lbs, but it was all gone by the following Thursday.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer them. I researched this program a LOT for many months before I did it, so I'm sure I can offer some helpful advice. Stick to it! You'll really love it after you lose 30 lbs in a month!
  • Lisalivinlife13
    Options
    So can you give us specifics of where to go to find your program and purchase? Sounds like something worth giving a try to me!!!
  • jenniferlynn
    jenniferlynn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I ask where you purchased it and the mixing supplies, there's just so many sites that are scams I don't know which one to trust. I was gonna go to a clinic but I know how to eat and exercise right but I want that boost of weight loss.
  • msrichmond
    Options
    I'm not sure if I can post a website on here or not, so I'll just say search on Youtube for somebody named mamaclok (that's the correct spelling). I did exactly what she did. Watch her videos; they are truly inspiring! Just look at the difference in her face between the older and newer videos. She lost about 75 lbs on HCG.

I did HCG sublingually in a mix that I learned from watching her videos. She sells the mixing supplies on eBay (a couple syringes, an amber bottle, Vitamin B12 liquid, and Colloidal Silver liquid). You might be able to find them cheaper if you search, but for $30, I thought it was just easier to buy them all from her. Since I was following her plan which she detailed for free in vlogs, I kind of felt like I owed her.

I got my HCG from the website she recommends. It was not expensive (about $15 for each 5000IU), much cheaper than a clinic. I ordered it in 5000IU packets and mixed it with the B12 and Colloidal Silver following the directions in one of her vlogs. 13ml B12, 2ml Colloidal Silver. Total of 15ml liquid. I took 1/2ml in the morning, 1/2ml at night (measured in the syringe). I used the syringe to squirt this tiny amount of liquid under my tongue (no injections for me!!) and kept it there for at least 5 minutes.I followed the eating plan described in detail in "Pounds and Inches" by ATW Simeons (you can search for this and download it for free). I deviated slightly from the ebook in that I ate broccoli, which is not permitted in the original plan. It did not affect my weight loss at all. I also ate asparagus and canned tomatoes as my primary 3 veggies. There are many websites where you can find a list of the foods you're allowed during this phase of the plan (commonly referred to as Phase 2).

Phase 2 is the 500 calorie diet that many are afraid of and think is unhealthy. I know I was intimidated by the thought of it! Imagine a 295lb guy who routinely ate 4000+ calories/day switching to 500/day! But it was EASY! The HCG took care of everything. I was hardly ever hungry, and even then it was my own fault because I would forget to eat meals! I planned my meals for the week and bought & prepared everything on the weekends and used tupperware containers. I really liked the structure of the plan and how everything was laid out for me.

I sometimes ate Shiratake noodles (known as Miracle Noodles), a 0 calorie noodle made from yam root. These things are basically pure fiber but when properly prepared taste and feel similar to pasta. You can find them at any Asian food market, but be sure to get the 0 calorie yam ones, not the non-0-calorie soy ones.

I did this for 51 days straight and lost 50lbs. I was hardly ever hungry, and I had so much energy it was ridiculous! And I slept like a log every night, which was a miracle for me. I did not exercise while doing this b/c I wanted to make sure it was purely the HCG that was causing my weight loss. I stopped taking HCG about 6 weeks ago and have been maintaining my lower weight ever since. I go up & down a few pounds, but I am not gaining it back, and I never will because the plan tells me what to do if I gain a few pounds. I no longer crave sweets like I used to, and have developed more of a taste for vegetables.

FYI, mamaclok didn't figure this all out by herself. She had a lot of support from the HCGDieters group in Yahoo Groups (again, don't want to post a link, but you can find it on Yahoo). I read a LOT on this group, which consists of thousands of people successfully doing the HCG program. This is the bible of HCG dieting. Check out the downloads section for many great ebooks on HCG and recipes for meals that fit the 500 calorie regiment.

You can buy ebooks that give far greater detail about what I wrote above if you like, but I did not find it necessary since I researched it myself. However, if you're in a hurry, paying $35 for an HCG ebook is not a bad way to condense weeks of research into 1 night's reading. I would checkout the Yahoo group for recommended ebooks. Also, you can read "The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About" by Kevin Trudeau. He talks about injections only, not sublingual, but the rest of the book applies. Whatever you may think of Kevin Trudeau, do not crucify the message b/c of the messenger. What he wrote about really works!

So there you have it. The simple, easy way to lose 1/2-1lb/day using HCG. I hope some of you try it and report your results back here.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt do it . :frown:
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of HCG diet-what is it and how does it work? I am only familiar with the hCG that is tested for in pregnancy urine tests. Is this hCG for diets somehow obtained from urine of pregnant animals?
  • msrichmond
    Options
    I'm not sure where the HCG comes from, it might be from pregnant urine or it might be made synthetically. I just know when I got mine, it was from a pharmacy in little bottles in the form of a white powder. If it does come from urine and that grosses you out, just know that many of the pills you pop everyday come from many odd sources, penicillin from mold is a great example.

I do know it is the same chemical that pregnancy tests measure, as one of the ways some people used to test the potency of their sublinqual mix was to put a drop on a pregnancy test. If the test was positive, the mix was still useful. However the levels are different by orders of magnitude. For the diet, I took about 333IU/day, whereas pregnant women have thousands if not millions of IUs circulating in their system.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are in. We've been in ever since some people we know had success with this. We ran into one of them at the grocery store last night and asked her where she got hers from. She told us to look up 'mamaclok" on YouTube, so imagine my surprise when msrichmond says the same thing. We'll be taking plenty of pictures and keeping detailed stats in our diaries, so wish us luck!
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    I start, day one, loading days on Sunday 6/13, after my 10k race 6/12.

Would love to hear how you are doing!!

My sis just did a 30 day round of phase 2 - lost 28 lbs and has kept it off for two weeks on phase 3 - although she said the first week on phase 3 was a little up and down. she went from 200 to 172. She is about 5' 4".

I will be about 180-185 when I start. Getting to 169 is ok, 165 is good, 159 would be great! Planning to do about 30 days.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I wouldn't sacrifice my health just to get fast results. Slow and steady wins the race. Losing weight is hard. If it was as easy as any fad diet, THIS SITE WOULDN'T EXIST!!

Just be careful and check in with your doctor to make sure your health isn't suffering.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Msrichmond,
    I had read your thread previously and was curious to see how you would do with your HCG. I didn't see you respond back to the other thread, so I just did a search.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89131-hcg
    Here is a link to a thread that was done previously on the subject:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81993-hcg-diet-fact-or-fad?hl=hcg&page=2#posts-1215266

According to you, you lost 34 lbs from 0301-0401.
    Then you lost another 9 lbs(Down 43) by 04/11 where you said that you had just got below 250. Heading for 225 and 200.

it's 2 months later and your down 44 lbs.You say approx 50lbs or between 40-50.
    So you've lost 1 lb in 2 months??????

Your on maintenance mode at around 250lbs?? if it works so well, why aren't you down below 200?
  • msrichmond
    Options
    For those of you trying it, I wish you all the best of luck!!

The most important advice I can give you is really eat a ton of food on the 2 load days. I mean gorge!! The fattier food the better. I personally ate a bunch of Reese's Peanut Butter cups and went to a Chinese buffet twice. I did this because I wanted to fill up on my favorite foods (favorite before HCG I should add, not anymore) so I would minimize cravings.

Don't worry about gaining weight on the load days. Whatever you gain, you will easily lose it all in the first 1-3 days of the 500 calorie diet.

The load days are ultra-important because it loads up your normal fat stores (read "Pounds & Inches" for an explanation) and makes it so you're not hungry when you first start the 500 calorie phase. And psychologically, you will be absolutely sick of food, so you'll welcome the 500 calorie diet. I know I did.

Without proper loading, you may be hungry for the first few days at 500 calories. This is one of the main reasons many people fail when they try this plan. Don't try to skip this first step b/c it's crucial to your success on HCG.
  • msrichmond
    Options
    @thumper44, I stopped taking HCG about 1.5 months ago and am maintaining at about 245. The plan states you're only supposed to stay on HCG for 40 days. Some people go longer and are successful. I did 51 days total and reached about 50 lbs lost down to a weight of about 242. Then once I went off HCG I started the maintenance phases (Phase 3 & 4) and have been on that ever since, maintaining around 245. Sometimes I reach 250 and I eat a little better and it comes back off.

I could go back on HCG again and lose more weight, I have taken a long enough break (6 weeks minimum recommended by the plan). However, my reasons for not doing it again now are because of finances. Right now, I have 2 closets full of clothes that fit me very well. When I was heavier, I'd still cram into them, but now they all fit & look great. If I lose any more weight, I'll have to buy a new wardrobe. Nothing will fit; it will all be too big. I am not financially ready to do that just yet, not in this economy. I have to wear suits and dress clothes for work, and those are expensive. Even my shoes are a little big because I lost weight in my feet and will soon no longer need wide shoes!

Sure on 500 calories my food bill is much lower, but even that isn't enough to buy a new wardrobe.

So I hope this answers your question. It's not b/c HCG doesn't work, it's simply my choice to hold here for awhile until I get my job in order and can afford a new wardrobe. Once I'm more certain of that, I will hit 225 in a month, and then 200 shortly after that.
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    I am on phase 2 day 3, my first low cal day. I ate 420 calories today and must admit that I was only 'hungry' right before dinnertime when I ate my allowed protein, veg and fruit for dinner. My work schedule is awkward (Healthcare) so on Mondays and Tuesdays I work until 3am. It is now 2:20am and if I were sleeping I wouldn't be thinking about food, but since I am awake and at work (where everyone eats like its their last meal) it is crossing my mind. I am really surprised that it was as easy as it was. I didn't gorge my first load day but fortunately got some advice on day 2 and did better on my second load day. Today I made up a bunch of meals for the rest of the week and I have never felt so organized - all these neat little containers in the fridge and freezer. Also, I am not a big water drinker - and I can see that if I increase my water consumption, especially before/between meals, I will be less 'hungry'.

So far so good. I gained 7.5 lbs loading. Will keep you updated on my progress.
  • msrichmond
    Options
    Way to go fivefatcats!! That is a great start!

One thing I did for liquid was decaf iced tea with Stevia (you can do regular, I just prefer decaf). I'd drink a pitcher a day, and then water as well. It really helped me get thru the day without getting hungry. I got my Stevia from puritan.com, but you can get it anywhere. It's zero calories, but natural, unlike those poisons Splenda and Aspartame.

Keep up the good work! You'll really start noticing a difference in the first week. I bet you drop 10 lbs by next Wednesday!
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    Phase 2, day 4, low cal day 2

Doing great - I ate 447 calories so far but still have a 116cal apple to go. I don't really want to skip it but didn't have the lower cal strawberries today - however - today is grocery day so I could save the apple for tomorrow and buy some strawberries after work then eat them and stay under 500. Not a bad plan.

My morning weight was down 5.6 from yesterday, and by 11am when I showered for work I was back down to 184.8 - where I started on day 1 and lost the 6.8 lbs I gained loading.

I ate lunch late today (work was busy) but although I was hungry, I wasn't starving or ravenous or any of those type of things.

Going well so far!