Almond Milk

Options
I wanted to share this because I absolutely love this stuff! I have been drinking Blue Diamond Vanilla flavored UNSWEETENED Almond Milk for about the past month. It is a great substitute for cow's milk and only has 40 calories in 1 cup! Very tasty and can be used in place of cow's milk in any food or beverage. It also has 0g of Saturated or Trans fats in it. It does have 3.5 g of unsaturated fat but that comes from the Almonds so it's the good fat--the kind your body needs for muscle and tissue repair. Oh, and, it has a low glycemic index, too. Okay...now I'm starting to sounds like a commercial but I really love the milk and wanted to share the info with my fellow MFP-ers!!!

Replies

• melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    Why thank you for the suggestion....I think I'll try some.
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I really love the stuff too! I like it better than regular milk :bigsmile: Although I will admit none of my family likes it at all. But I think it's fantastic!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I :heart: love :heart: that stuff too!!! I switched to almond milk and soy milk for a while when I was nursing my son (when I ate dairy, it gave him the splatter craps ... though he eats dairy fine now ... weird!?!? But anyhoo ...) and discovered I really kind of prefer them to regular milk anyway.

Gotta love happy accidents :D
  • mamitc01
    mamitc01 Posts: 43
    Options
    I agree! My mom started drinking it as it was recommended to her to combat menopause symptoms, but I tried it and loved it! Great alternative!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I love it....it has less calories than the soy milk......also the regular almond milk states just as sweet and nice and the soy vanilla

So I figure if the original is going to taste as nice as the soy vanilla....for way less calories...why not switch

Have been drinking it for around 2 months now also

Love it
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i just bought some yesterday, i drink silk's almond milk (vanilla flavored). it's only 90 calories a cup!!! i'm becomin lactose intolerant so i've been drinkin soy a while. i absolutely :heart: it!!
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I stop drinking cow milk almost a year ago and I now keep the unsweetened vanilla almond milk in the house and now I have even gotten my boyfriend hooked on it.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i love it too! however, my bf thinks its too expensive, because i drink a $5.00 quart in 2 days!!!!
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    WOOOW!!! :noway: it only cost $2.79 (w/o tax) for 2quarts here!
  • Bearsy08
    Bearsy08 Posts: 16
    Options
    I love it I use that for my protien shake every morning for breakfast!!!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I just tried this as well. My mom had a ton of coupons for Silk Almond Milk so I took several and I'll at least buy it as long as I have coupons. I tried the regular unsweetened -- I'm sure the vanilla is even better! :) I came across a list of the best foods for you and almonds and almond milk were both on it. :)
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    I :heart: it too! I can't always find that brand so I buy what ever I can but that's my favorite for the cals. This week, I'm drinking Almond Dream Original Unsweetened...30 cals per cup! I have a nice, fat latte and "spluge" w/1.5 cups.

YAY for Almond Milk! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :love:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I love it....it has less calories than the soy milk......also the regular almond milk states just as sweet and nice and the soy vanilla

So I figure if the original is going to taste as nice as the soy vanilla....for way less calories...why not switch

Have been drinking it for around 2 months now also

Love it

Although I do drink Soy, almond, and regular milk, The only reason I wouldn't switch from regular or Soy milk to Almond milk is because almond milk is very very low in protein, unlike the other 2. When I drink it I either add protein powder or mix it 50/50 with regular milk.
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I drink Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Originial Almond Milk (60 cals in a cup), and I LOVE it!!! :love:
  • D_Bouch73
    D_Bouch73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just bought almond milk (vanilla) & I :heart: it haven't tried the orginal yet but will! also I like silk soy millk all flavors
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I have tried soy milk and rice milk and I don't like either I only drink ff milk so I don't think it is as bad as whole milk but I am going to go buy almond milk and give it a try since so many of you love it!!! on the way to the store now I will be back with my thoughts later!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: my almond milk! ('cept I only like the original, the flavored stuff is entirely too sweet)
  • nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks I might make the shift from Soy Milk to Almond Milk...Soy is getting a lot of Bad press lately.

Btw how many proteins in a glass of almond milk?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Thanks I might make the shift from Soy Milk to Almond Milk...Soy is getting a lot of Bad press lately.

Btw how many proteins in a glass of almond milk?

about 1 gram vs 7-9 for soy or regular
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Soy is very bad for you. There is an article that talks about hydrogenated oils and also soy.... you may want to take a look at it.

www.dldewey.com/hydroil.htm