Trying something new

Options
Hey everyone! I am a serial dieter. Over the years I have tried hundreds of diets and I always rationalize that the "minor" modifications I make are somehow "OK" and I expect them to work anyway.....they never do. I am going to try something new and I am promising myself that I am not going to modify this time. The 8 hour diet sounds do-able, so that's the new diet du-jour. I would love to have some friends for mutual encouragement.. I have about 20 to 25 pounds to lose by June (vacation month).

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11134-8-hour-diet

Good luck!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat at a calorie deficit? That's pretty sustainable. Then you can eat when you wake up and before you go to bed if hungry, without having to cram all of your calories into an eight-hour window.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat at a calorie deficit? That's pretty sustainable. Then you can eat when you wake up and before you go to bed if hungry, without having to cram all of your calories into an eight-hour window.

Yep, this.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    While I will encourage you, I will say this...

If you go into this thinking of it as a diet then you will probably fail, again. You need to have the mind set of change. That you are going to change your life for the better. Not do something that you can then fall off of and go back to what you were doing before. If you stick with it, count your calories and eat the right foods, get in some exercise then you will succeed. But you have to want this. And I am sorry, but from the wording of your post I don't think you are there yet. If you are considering this to be....
    the new diet du-jour
    ....then you are not in the mind set for it. You might lose some of what you are wanting, but you will gain it all back. Why not do something that works and something that you will just continue for the rest of your life?
  • K00kaburra
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice and encouragement. I really am "there", and I have tried the eating sensible way too. My job requires me to be on call 24/7 365 and I struggle with emotional eating. The days that I fail miserably are those days that I am up all night working and have to work again the next day (happens several times a week). On top of that I am in college, have two teenagers and already work out 6 days a week. I am not trying to make excuses. I WILL own it and succeed. It's time.