Breakfast calories too low?

Options
Hello! Question....I had 2 egg whites scrambled in Pam, a piece of toast, and a cup of coffee for breakfast for a grand total of 91 calories...that seems low to me. I don't plan to do much today. I'm staying home to prepare a presentation that's due tomorrow so it's not like I need a whole lot of calories anyway. I feel like I need to eat something else...what do ya'll think?

Replies

• Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would think you would need something else. My breakfst is usually between 300 or 400 calories. I like to start the day with a good ammount of protein and fiber. I would try to at least add some fruit.
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I agree...Try adding a cup of blueberries or fresh strawberries with it.
  • jcarter0525
    Options
    Thanks! I got an orange! It was all I had. I need to go shopping.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Try adding Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and fruit or a fruit. You can also add veggies to those egg whites this may get your calories up!
  • irishpagan
    irishpagan Posts: 30
    Options
    I think as long as you're satisfied with your meal its okay. There's no point in eating when you're not hungry. I usually have a light breakfast and then have a piece of fruit or some yogurt when I get hungry the next time.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Add some peanut butter to the toast next time. Keeps you full and more calories too.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I would've had 4 egg whites actually. 2 egg whites isn't much at all, its like 30 calories and 12 grams protein. With 2 egg whites, I would scramble in some reduced fat cheese and some vegetables too like chopped peppers and mushrooms. You could also buy some Morningstar Farm breakfast links and have 2 with the egg whites. 91 calories is low, but not so bad if your full. Try to get between 180- 250 calories in the morning, to make sure you are getting the proper nutrients to start your day.
  • katie78
    katie78 Posts: 1
    Options
    When I do omletts I like to add in black beans, spinach, any other veggies you like. Helps feel fuller longer. My trainer says to always pair your carbs with a protein for better performance and digestion. Also she always says to have a big breakfast to start off the day.