Water & peeing - maybe TMI

Options
2»

Replies

• FitinHonau
    FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem as I used to drink alot (2 - 3 liters a day). I thought I should talk to my gynecologist. She asked me if ' a lot comes out everytime I pee?', I said 'yes'... she asked me 'why I am drinking a lot, do you get thirsty?'... I said, 'not really, because I have too... it is healthy', ... she said, 'perhaps your body doesn't need that much water'. and added that 'the food we are eating has a lot of water as well, like salad, tomotoes, etc..".. since then, I drnk less 5 to 6 glasses a day and it is much better. I might need to drink more in summer, but in winter we do not sweat alot and we won't get dehydrated.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I try to do the same, and yes I pee what feels like constantly! I am an elementary school teacher, so during the week I do not drink quite as much, as I can't have someone come look in on my class every 10 minutes ;-) As long as you are not *forcing* yourself to drink and can accomodate all the bathroom breaks, have as much as you want!
  • sixpackdream
    sixpackdream Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking diet soda also, great decision! I thought I never could, and you eventually start to appreciate water more than soda, stick with it, it will happen.

I now love drinking water, but for some reason I have to drink it from a bottle, I hate it in a glass. It must be the smell.

Your body will adjust, however if you are losing weight you will pee more than if you were just to maintain that weight. I just think of all the bad things your body is eliminating and embrace it -lol.

Good luck!
  • cchamil1985
    cchamil1985 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What does your sodium and potassium intake look like? If you were on a heavy diet of artificial sweeteners (and other high-sodium items) for a long time then your body probably has a lot of residual fluid this is just now getting released. Your body probably isn't used to getting all the water it needed so it is suddenly craving it. If you are not experiencing any other symptoms then I wouldn't worry about it and keep drinking as much as you crave.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    It should. YOu have to remember your body will be trying to flush unwanted toxins in your body out
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Your body does adjust. I have been drinking at least a gallon of water a day for years and I'm not running to the bathroom that often, in fact with my job sometimes I'm lucky if I can get to the bathroom once or twice a day. Not a good thing but I make do.
  • GhostinthePC
    GhostinthePC Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I found this article. This is merely a guideline of information. If you are concerned, talk to your doctor. What I have found is that I too am peeing more frequently throughout the day. I believe this is my body expelling the toxins from years of abuse within my body. I have taken a more natural foods approach to my diet. I try to avoid diuretic foods throughout the day. I still drink coffee in the morning but eventually will be eliminating this as well. Plus...you really need to read label. I have learned that if I can't pronounce it fluently, my body doesn't need it or should have it. I also avoid food that are "fortified" due to the manufacturing process, but that's just me. I'm still learning and I'm still a novice at this, but I hve a great support system and knowledgeable friends who do this professionally.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/533851-daily-water-intake-and-frequent-urination/
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You can make it 45 minutes? Lucky.

But you're probably flushing too much potassium and sodium out of your body. Potassium and sodium help hold fluids in. But if ou flush them all out, then the next fluids you put in will have nothing to hold them, and that will flush right out too. Obviously, we don't want to over-do the sodium. But look at potassium. Try alternating your water with orange juice. Or eat other things that are high in potassium (oranges, bananas, peaches, etc.). It makes a huge difference (for me, anyway).
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I average 12 to 14 glasses a day and only pee every other hour or so. At first I could darn near drink in the bathroom but my body adapted. Good luck...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    It has to go somewhere, right?
    Train yourself to go less if you can.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    4 years now at 75-125oz/day.

It's not as bad as it used to be, but can still tell when I have a few days at 75 then go to 100.

But then, my bladder is stronger now from Kegels and exercise.

Totally worth it.
  • thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    no, i drink on average 4 litres a day and pee approx every half hour, i dont think its a case of your body getting used to the water intake, you just need to get used to peeing unfortunately
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    If you have to pee within 10 minutes of drinking a glass of water then you are well hydrated and don't need to be sucking it down.

And you aren't flushing out more toxins, you are flushing out the same amount of toxins but with diluted pee. If you are peeing completely clear what makes you think you are peeing anything out other than water.

Too much water can be just as bad as not enough.

My man is 6'1" and 190lbs. I'm 5'2" and 112lbs. Yet we are given the exact same advice. Do we both need to be sucking down the same amount of water? I don't think so.

Thirst is a signal that tells the body to drink. Thirst kicks in about a 2% drop in blood volume. The effects of dehydration start at about a 5% drop. When you are thirsty that doesn't mean you are dehydrated - it just means you are thirsty.
    And you get a good 20% of your daily water through food. (unless of course you eat nothing but processed food. No water there. Or nutrition....or food).

I drink when I'm thirsty. I find that I'm not thirsty very much. My body regulates my thirst. But when I eat carbs/sugar or frankenfood? Immediate thirst. I suck down water. I retain every bit of it and it will show up on the scale the next day. (but it only seems to apply to grain carbs. A sweet potato doesn't make me thirsty).

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-glasses-of-water-a-day/#axzz2RsvO3lLO