Need help how to you workout to lose thighs and a butt

Options
I am a pear shape and I am confused some ppl say do swats and lunges some say bike some say walk what the best to do to shrink that part

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    All of it. Things like walking and biking are cardio, and will help you lose fat overall. Unfortunately, you'll need to lose fat in general, because you can't lose it from just one place like your butt or thighs. You'll lose it all over. Squats and lunges are great for the muscles underneath your fat. So do cardio (walking, running and biking) to help burn the fat, and do squats and lunges to tone the area. Once the fat has been reduced and the muscle has been toned, you'll look great!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, just burn calories and fat. Your body decides where it comes off first. Lunges and squats will strengthen your legs and give you definition after you lose some fat. Cardio and lifting will help you burn the calories.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Do them all + diet :)

The squats are great for building/maintaining muscle and cycling or walking is great cardio. A calorie deficit either through exercise or cutting back what you eat or both will help you lose fat from all over.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have been walking on the treadmill at between 10-15 percent incline for 25 minutes on my cardio days. I have noticed a huge improvement in that area and it has only been 6 weeks.
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    clean eating will help dramatically
  • slimmingteacher
    Options
    For bum it is squats and for thighs try cycling or bike machine!! :)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Thighs and butts are beautiful, and that's all I have to say. (So, by all means, get in shape, and if that shape is still a pear, embrace it!)
  • crom1978
    crom1978 Posts: 4
    Options
    Well I'm not a trainer or anything but in my experience I find that running is the best thing to make your figure trim. I cycle a lot and go to a lot of cycling events and I have seen that even people who ride many miles can still have excess weight in unwanted areas. However running tones the entire body and eats off fat. I have started running this year a lot more than I used to and compared to years in which I only rode my bike I have noticed not only my legs and behind getting more firm but my entire body. Now with that said running is much harder, at least for me than cycling, and it is rougher on your joints, also it takes time to build up to longer runs which give the most reward for your time. So in the end you need to do what works for you and most important what you will stick to. Run about three times a week at first for as long as you can and over time do longer runs. Don't try to rush though, you will burn out or get an injury, just take your time and eventually you will have the bottom you want. I hope this helps you.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    As you can see from my profile pic I'm a Brazil Butt Lift fan. It's great for reshaping the butt, thighs, and core. It's actually a total body workout but it works amazingly well for the butt.

I've been recovering from surgery and slowly working up to doing more strenuous workouts and I haven't gone back to doing BBL yet. I've been walking for the past two months and my husband and I have been really, REALLY surprised by how different my butt looks just from walking. So I guess my point is that you can get improvement from walking (+diet!) if you want to stick with that. You could invest in BBL. Totally worth it IMO. Or you could look on youtube for free workouts. Blogilates has some good workouts for the buns and thighs. Pilates style workouts. It's good to do different things to work your butt and thighs in different ways so I agree with the poster that said do it all.
  • wozniaks
    wozniaks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks will try it lol . Been walking more and eating more fiber and less bad carbs lol lost 2 inches so far on hips just wasent sure if I was doing it right or not .
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks will try it lol . Been walking more and eating more fiber and less bad carbs lol lost 2 inches so far on hips just wasent sure if I was doing it right or not .

Sounds great! And to lose weight, you will want to monitor how much you eat and eating healthier can only help. Good luck!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

That's great! Keep doing what you're doing and after a while you can either try to increase your speed or your distance.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit to lose fat all over your body. You can't spot reduce. Fat comes off where ever your body "chooses". If your are pear shaped, it might be your thighs and butt last, but it will eventually come off.

Weight lifting and adequate protein to preserve muscle, all over your body. There is no reason to avoid lower body moves.