Moving from Slimming World to MFP??

Options
Hey all. I am quite new to this site. Been following Slimming World for a yeat, lost just over 3.5st. I have started to ger bored of the diet as it feels restrictive and have gained half a stone back on. My problem is portion control and Slimming World doesnt seem to help teach me that.

I dont have much to lose and i do do a lot of exercise including cardio and weights. Would.MFP be better to help me eat more healthier and lose my last bit of weight? Also be good for long term maintenance? Or would I be better sticking with Slimming World or even trying Weight Watchers!?

Thanks

Replies

• VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have done slimming world and weight watchers and find MFP the best weight loss tool out of all of them, having yo yo dieted for years I have learned more about diet and nutrition in here than anywhere else plus the support network is amazing and its free. I would try this you will have so much more freedom and you will continue to lose and feel fantastic. Welcome to MFP.:smile:
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Why would you do WW when this is free? It works for me as long as I log and eat clean.
  • lotty28
    lotty28 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks guys. I am leaning more towards mfp. Am proper fed up on sw. X
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't really know anything about Slimming World, but I really like MFP. I did WW online about 10 years ago, so it might have changed since then, but from what I remember, MFP has a lot to offer plus it's free. I don't get into to the support for friends as much as a lot of people do, but I have received great ideas for changing up my exercise routine when things got boring and good diet tips.
  • lotty28
    Options
    Thanks all. I have decided to give myfitnesspal a go and ditch slimming world. I feel so.much better already! X
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Never give up!
  • lotty28
    Options
    Thanks. Not going too as have done well so far and don't want to go back to where I used to be. :-)
  • pangy1958
    pangy1958 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I went to SW and lost 2stone, but now do this instead and have lost weight more. I have noticed that with this your portion sizes are more controlled, which i think was my down fall at SW. Good luck and enjoy
  • lotty28
    Options
    I went to SW and lost 2stone, but now do this instead and have lost weight more. I have noticed that with this your portion sizes are more controlled, which i think was my down fall at SW. Good luck and enjoy

Thank you. Its weird I feel a big sigh of relief that i can eat normally without having restrictive food. Be a way of life and lose weight.