Bananas and too much sugar.

Options
So i love bananas and was going to have one with my breakfast this morning but decided against it when I looked back over the last 2 days at my food tracker and saw that I had gone over my allotted sugar intake for the day just from 1 banana.

Is anyone else finding they don't want to eat certain 'good' foods because of the sugar content?

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Sugar from Fruit is generally okay, it's not really refined or anything.

I go over my sugar all the time, but more than 50% of it is from just a couple pieces of fruit.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    Ya I wouldnt worry also. I always go over my carbs because of veggies :) It doesnt really bother me because its Veggies and not the bad stuff.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I did start getting a little concerned by it...I LOVE bananas. But then I thought...hey, they're natural...they're good for you in so many ways :-))
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I too have been going over my sugar everyday, but the majority of my sugar intake is from fruit so it's not too bad. I'd be more worried if I was going over everyday and it was purely from chocolate.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Yes! I eat fresh fruit every day for breakfast, and I go over my sugar count by a few points every day. I have decided to ignore the sugar count when it is caused by fruit. I think the sugar in processed foods is what causes problems.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i LOVE bananas too,but i TRY to stay away from them if i can :( the are not full of suger but high in cals for what they are if that makes any sence at all!!
  • prystalcage
    prystalcage Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ah. Thank you for this. I was concerned about the same thing.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Stay away from bananas? Are you insane?!

Why would you want to do that?

Seriously though - fruit is natural. I lost all of my weight eating loads of fruit. If you give me a choice between durritos and a banana, guess which I'm gonna pick...
  • CHCotton
    CHCotton Posts: 10
    Options
    When I want a banana I have half a banana and see if that sates my sugar craving.
    I cut up oranges and have half a cup of orange pieces instead of a whole orange.
    I have a few slices of apple on the side.

Etc etc.
    I find it keeps fruit in my diet without blowing my sugar-count for the day.

Hope that helps!
  • TillyNix
    TillyNix Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love bananas and eat them too but not as often as I also think they are high in calories.

I now go for strawberries, kiwis and other fruits that are lower on calories.