Question for Frequent Weighers

Options
If you weigh in more than once a week, how often do you record your weight in MFP?

Replies

• luv2teach32
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week, but if you see a loss, you should be able to add that as often as you like.
  • lollipoptntn
    lollipoptntn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    daily, and have done so for almost 30 years
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I only weight in once a week because anything more and I go crazy. I would record your weight whenever you weigh. Just be prepared for the occasional increase due to excess sodium intake, etc.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    I weigh in at least once a day.... I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. I just don't take the number too much to heart because I only log on Mondays. So the rest of the time it's just kind of a way to see how the week is going and be prepared (if you can be) for what Monday's weigh in has in store. There are just too many variables to take into account to weigh every day or even every other day.....water weight, whether you've eaten or not, gone to the bathroom or not.......it's just safe to weigh once a week at the same time of day and wearing the same amount (or lack thereof) clothing.
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    The only problem with reporting your weight more than once a week is that the tiny increments will be what shows up in your status on your My Home page. I have several MFP friends who are diligent about giving feedback when they see weight loss, or under calories, or exercise. Their feedback helps motivate me.
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I've been resisting recording it more than once a week because I know it will bump up and down. But sometimes I really want to record that loss, even if it's small. Conversely, I don't want to have to record that gain:wink:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I only record when I've lost a full pound. So when the scale no longer has, for example, 177, in front of it, I'll log a pound lost. So basically when I see a new full number. If that makes sense... So i'm always logging 1 pound at a time. I do have a 10 week challenge I"m a part of and I check in weekly with that and I'll report whatever my weight was that morning for it. It's on Fridays, which is nice... hehe. My weekends can be awesome or terrible.
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i weigh every other day (except for that time of the month) and i record what i find once a week.
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    Everytime it goes down :blushing:
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    Keeps me motivated. What can I say, I'm shallow.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am a numbers/stats kind of person, so that means I have the urge to weigh myself everyday. I record that weight on an app I have that lets me watch trends. I only count my Monday weight here on MFP (for better or for worse).
  • ciaobella47
    ciaobella47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Usually twice a day (morning and night). I know it's excessive but my curiousity gets the better of me. I don't record on a schedule. Basically, I enter a new weight when I've not gone above it for a week. For example, if the scale hasn't read over 147 in a week's time, that is my new weight. DTMS?

I know it doesn't work for everyone, even drives some people crazy, but I find frequent weigh-in's keep me on track and my goals in mind.
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and record it on MFP. I know it goes up and down and it isn't really a loss just because you see the weight go down for the day. But you could just be having one of those (seemingly) inexplicable up days on your one day a week that you weigh yourself. So why not weigh every day? That way you may see some high days but you'll also see the low ones. Then you can average them out a bit to see the trend.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day, sometimes more than once, mostly to see what affect what I've eaten has, lol. But anyway, I weigh in every day but I only record it on here usually once a week :bigsmile:
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to my scale...seriously! So much that I had to really cut back on how many times I was hopping on and off during the day because it was a little "obsessive"... bad!

I record my weight every time there is a change whether it is up or down. It just helps me keep track of where I am at in relation to my food journal, water intake or lack thereof...etc. Of course daily weights are not always the most accurate and the BEST way to go is on a weekly weight and I use Saturday's as my "official" progress report. Does that make sense?
  • kellyblack
    kellyblack Posts: 25
    Options
    I used to weigh only once per week, but it just wasn't working for me. I started weighing every day and I record it every day. The reason I do this is so I can see the trends on the report. The more data points I have, the more I can tell if the trend is going up or down.
  • headstoes
    headstoes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Daily in the mornings after I go to the toilet, I weigh myself about twice on two different scales. This is they give out slightly different readings to each other, and simply because I can---we have two scales so why not use them?

I also record my weight when it goes down. I used to keep a daily note of it, but it's not worth it. I know my weight can fluctuate day-to-day due to various factors.

Curiosity does get the better of me, and it's become a daily habit now.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigh in gal...but I only log my weigh in if the number has been consistent for about 3 days. Weighing in daily is motivation for me plus lets me know if I'm on track. It just works for me! :blushing: