Heart Rate Monitors - HELP!

Options
New to the site here. :) I'm doing the Insanity workouts. In the manual it recomends getting a heart rate monitor. The one I have SUCKS! It was inexpensive and I picked it up from Walmart. I don't even remember the brand. All I know is that I need a different one. Anyone have some suggestions? I'd like to find one that can use my height, weight, and even body fat % to get the most accurate reading possible. THANKS!

Replies

• rclay316
    rclay316 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT40. Love it!! Ive been using it for years. The chest strap watches are the most accurate. Make sure you rinse the strap after each workout or the electrodes get clogged. Before the FT40, I had an FT4 (loved that one also)
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Most accurate possible requires VO2 Max tracking as well. Some of the polars do this I know.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    My polar was fairly cheap and very effective
  • FrankDAmbra
    Options
    I have the Polar FT80, bought from Heartratemonitors.com, they had the best price. Chest strap, watch, and the reader to download your workout results. Works great on its own and also at the gym as most of the cardio equipment reads Polar's. I'm sure any of the polars work fine, just a matter of the features you want. Good luck,
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Polar FT4 this morning!
  • ericaontheroad
    Options
    Polar makes, in my opinion, the best heart rate monitor out there. I have been using the FT 60 for 2.5 years now with no issues. I'm even on the original batteries.
  • randoswife
    randoswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the New Balance N4 and love it! I got it for $50.94 on Amazon.
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can get a polar FT4 for just under $60 and Polar FT7 just around $70 or less. I have a Polar FT60 and love it
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar RX300. It was about $100, but has so many bells and whistles that I'm really glad I sprung for it.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    KirstenTheFamilyCoach Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have the WaHoo HRM. It connects to my iPhone and the app that comes with it is great. I love how many other work out apps it syncs with and I love that it keeps track of my heart rate zones.
  • rockabillybabe222
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I'll definitely look into the Polar models for my heart rate monitor. :smile: