Half Marathon!!!

Options
berlynn_j
berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
This morning I ran a half-marathon. Ran, the entire time.

10 months ago I weighed over 200 pounds and had never run a second in my life.

Today I ran 13.1 miles on a trail: tree roots, rocks, concrete lattices for traction on the many hills, mud, and dirt.

And yeah it took me 2 hours and 34 minutes.

But 10 months ago I would have bet you my life this day would never happen. It did. And I'm pretty effin proud ;).

Replies

• mynewbug
    mynewbug Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! YOU have worked hard to complete such a wonderful accomplishment!!

Very inspiring!! :happy:
  • amberleighxoxo1
    Options
    CONGRATS!
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, I am 228 and my goal is to run a half marathon! You are a great inspiration! Thank you!
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    Way to go !!!! There's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a race. Your time doesn't matter, you finished, and you ran the whole thing. That's a lot to be proud of.

Congrats !!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    That is a magnificent achievement! Respect!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome! Good time to complete it in too.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Fab, seriously well done!

I'm doing my first Half in six weeks and am hoping to keep it under the three hour mark. You are right to be chuffed with that time!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's a great time especially for an off-road terrain course!! You rock! Congratulations on discovering the possibilities that lie inside of you...more magic to come!
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I kind of just got all choked up over your accomplishment. Way to go!
  • georgiamarsh13
    Options
    Well done, that's awesome! :)
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I ran my first HM last weekend, at a slow 2:52:08. Well done!
  • Doenut2013
    Options
    Congratulations, that's an awesome achievement :happy:

I am doing a 5k race on May 18th and today my entry into the Larking Gowen City of Norwich Half-Marathon 2013 has been accepted for November.

I am doing a training plan at the moment and can barely manage running for 90 seconds so... the hard work starts now.

Your story is very inspiring :smile:
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    congratulations, very inspiring. can you tell me some of the things you did to get here
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! Running your first half marathon is such an awesome, awesome feeling! Great time too :)
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your accomplishments!
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and inspiring. I am getting ready to run my first 5K in 2 weeks. The thought of a half marathon scares me still!
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    congratulations, very inspiring. can you tell me some of the things you did to get here

Started eating a lot healthier . . .more grilled food, veggies, and fruit. A lot less junk food. Really started counting calories and gaining a better understanding of serving sizes and how my body and food interact. And for the running: couch to 5k. A lot of people use apps on their phone, I found my schedule off of pinterest. Started out jogging 2 minutes at a time. Ran a 5k in September, 8k in December, and then went for the half marathon. I used a training schedule off of marathonrookie.com for that. I trained for 2 months prior to my half. Hope this helps! And thanks :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • sipe70
    sipe70 Posts: 16
    Options
    that is truly wonderful I have run 5 of them but recently have lapsed in my running and my weight has creeped on. Did you follow any specific plan
  • sipe70
    sipe70 Posts: 16
    Options
    I just see your response! Well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!