slimming world v myfitnesspal

Options
i am following slimming world diet but wondered has anybody else done it this way? what do you find easier slimming world or calorie counting?

Replies

• browneyes97
    Options
    Sorry, not familiar with Slimming World. I've done Weight Watchers before where you had to count points. I like MFP better, I figure if you have to count, might as well count calories.
  • nicolaredhead
    Options
    I dont do SW so for me MFP but its all the same calories in vs calories out!! i like the ideas that SW have encourging the healthy eating and syning the bad but dont follow as i like to eat what i want IF i do exercise i can keep within my calories altho need to restart with exercise
  • sherodswife
    sherodswife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tried Slimming World and ended up gaining weight rather than losing. It just wasn't for me. I have a friend who did it and lost 50 lb and has kept it off for several years.
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    i am following slimming world diet but wondered has anybody else done it this way? what do you find easier slimming world or calorie counting?
    Haven't tried Slimming World. What I like about MFP is that I can eat the food that I like and still lose weight. It doesn't get any better than that!
  • sofahogger
    sofahogger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I found SW good but i got a bit stuck in a rut with it eating the same old boring things, so it became hard to maintain. And I put the weight back on once I went back to a "normal" diet.

I find now I can have a SW green day type lunch, and then have something nice for dinner, whilst staying wtihin my calorie limit.

That works better for me.
  • gwenversue
    gwenversue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How's slimming world going or are you calorie counting? I was thinking of trying sw,
  • skybluebakes
    Options
    Im doing both :laugh:

I use the food groups on the super easy plan as the base, and use the calorie counter to gain an understanding of what carbs / fats / protiens im eating.

Its working for me - Ive lost 39 lbs since Jan.
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My only worry with SW and WW. Is keeping to this set diet for basicly life.
    I'd personally get to my perfect weight then put it back on without help ><; This is why MFP Is awesome, I like being able to see everything there and then.