Losing Hope

Options
13»

Replies

• sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You have been doing this for 15 days and have lost 10 lbs. That is a brilliant result.

Weight loss is not linear and will fluctuate a lot. In order to succeed you will have to stop looking at short term results and learn to just eat well, at a deficit and move more. Then look at the long term results instead.

Getting upset about a one pound gain is not going to help you achieve your long term goal. Stay positive. :flowerforyou:
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I find it always helps to focus on the positives when my weight pings up. Hey, you gained a pound but at least you don't have chlamydia.

See? Better already isn't it!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Closed diary so no way to really answer it could be sodium or not enough fiber, but as I said just guessing at this point
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Pretty severe title for someone who's lost over 10 lbs in such a short time.. try reading about the people who lost 300 lbs over several years... maybe give you an idea of what loosing hope, and having grit looks like..

Just so you know your title is probably offensive to tons of people who have struggled as much as you and have gotten no where as stellar results, over incredibly longer periods of time..

Maybe a little change of attitude is in order before you continue your weight loss...otherwise 85% into a proyect you will be sidetracked by 2 days of gainaing or (gasp.).. a plateau..

Perfect score on your loss, Failed score on your attitude.

K being 18 and over weight is HARD.
    My attitude... It is hard working your *kitten* off for months and hardly seeing results... for the millionth time it has been ALOT longer then 15 days. It has been my whole life I have struggled with this. It is hard in any amount of time to see weight gain. Yes I have lost 10 in two weeks thats great, but I have a right to be upset if it stopped. I'm sorry if it offends people that wasn't my intention.. I wanted to get support so I didn't feel like I was the only person constant gaining back loses.

Just don't give up I think is what everyone is saying. You are 18 or 19 from what our profile says. At 19 I had a child and was 75 lbs. overweight. I lost 72 of those lbs. and yes, of course, flash foreward many more years and I am 30 lbs. over. After my second child at 34 did the same thing gained 70 lbs. lost it all. I am now 39 as of Monday and I know I can do this again. If I can do it an old broad, you can do it. You are young and your metabolism may or may not be faster or slower than mine but, you have to make it an every day event and take it one day at a time forever. Don't you want a lifestyle change, not a quick fix? If you are here for the long term, take a breath and be determined...forever. Even if it's been a year...It takes time. If you want help open up your diary and it should be clear that something is not completely on point with your diet. Please don't get offended by this. Also, yes, you need to eat your exercise calories back. Search that link on the Road to fitness on here by that sweet man.... You don't just give up. Period.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I would focus more on how your clothes fit and how you feel. The scale is just a number. I would start going by body measurements instead of relying on the scale. I found that I felt better about myself because even when the scale didn't change like I wanted but my body size went down, meaning that I had more muscle.

I'm happy for your results. I don't think that I ever loss that much in two weeks. I
  • hugglegirl
    hugglegirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot better way to put it :)
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you are constantly under your caloric goal you will tend to lose some quickly but then it will turn on you. Try to eat to your goal even if not hungry at times. You need to boost your metabolism with diet and exercise.
  • lgederos
    lgederos Posts: 3
    Options
    Pretty severe title for someone who's lost over 10 lbs in such a short time.. try reading about the people who lost 300 lbs over several years... maybe give you an idea of what loosing hope, and having grit looks like..

Just so you know your title is probably offensive to tons of people who have struggled as much as you and have gotten no where as stellar results, over incredibly longer periods of time..

Maybe a little change of attitude is in order before you continue your weight loss...otherwise 85% into a proyect you will be sidetracked by 2 days of gainaing or (gasp.).. a plateau..

Perfect score on your loss, Failed score on your attitude.

I think this is quite harsh!!! WE ALL have to start somewhere and a lot of us have been on a life long struggle with weight going up and down. Don't be so quick to judge, we don't know her story. Struggle is struggle, no matter the number and sometimes people look to these message boards to vent. That is what they are for, to talk to other people who HAVE gone through or ARE going through the same things we are and might just have the right thing to say. Your advice might have been meant to do good or change her attitude but your delivery was rude and uncalled for. We are ALL here for the same reasons and sometimes need a little motivation.