...out of my cold, dead hands...

Options
2»

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Light sour cream, Skim cottage cheese, and most reduced fat dairies. I can deal with Breyer's sugar free ice creams, but otherwise, I need the full fat and full flavor ice creams.
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Honestly there isn't anything that I'm forced to give up, if I want it I eat it, i just make sure I have it in my calorie allotment to eat that day, or I'll ask myself, "self, did you really bust your tail in the gym this morning to eat that donut?" So yeah, bacon it is!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Have you ever tried reduced fat cheese?

No thanks.

I guess cheese would be another on my list. I used to eat tons, now I just try and limit my intake to "less than the whole block"!

Ohhhhhhhhh yeah no reduced fat cheese. Might as well just put a piece of plastic on it. YUCK!
  • janellereese
    Options
    I don't substitute anything.. I need to learn how to eat the foods that I like sensibly so that I lose and don't gain again.. A radical change in my overall diet would be setting myself up for ultimate failure..

I will say that I've added some things that I find I do like.. Nonfat yogurt, for instance.. and, I am eating more fruit than I did.. It helps with the sweet tooth that I tend to develop when I'm trying to lose weight..

Exactly, it's about portions. Less of the "bad" stuff and fill the rest of the plate with fruits and veggies!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I like turkey sausage, but turkey bacon just strikes me as "too fake". There's something recently that I decided that the "low fat" version was just not worth a savings of 10 calories, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was... LOL
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I gave up substituting and do well with limiting.

F....T....W!!!!!!
  • nikb1983
    nikb1983 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm with y'all on the bacon and cheese. I used to do turkey bacon (it tastes ok, not like the real thing) but it still has tons of sodium for only a few calories less...I get reduced sodium pork bacon, tastes like bacon should taste.

And with cheese (and ice cream, sour cream, etc.) I'd rather have a smaller serving of a really flavorful ___?___ than two servings of reduced fat/fat free.

I will say that I've gotten ice cream that was "no sugar added" (not "sugar free", gross) and it was pretty good...had the right texture.
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had never eaten turkey bacon until a few weeks ago, and I like it. It really isn't bad. Kinda greasy like regular bacon but softer texture.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Cake and ice cream. If I am going to have cake or ice cream, I want real cake and ice cream, not weight watchers or some other slimming brand which usually convinces you it is lower calorie, when in fact, you are just getting a very small serving, or a product with more artificial ingredients than you can shake a stick at. I also don't do low fat cheese or take the yolks out of my eggs. Oh and my cappuccino. Having a tea or an americano just isn't the same to me, so I just add in the calories and go half water, half full fat milk so I still get the froth and taste.
  • SharonFat48andfit
    Options
    Cheese, butter, mayonnaise, bacon, ice cream - would rather skip it than eat the imitation versions
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    you don't have to give up any foods... you just have to eat less of them.

Bacon included :D
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've eaten turkey bacon all my life, and I love it.
    I can't stand regular bacon. SO NASTY.

Something I won't substitute. Ice cream. I only eat it every once in a while, but when I do have it, I get the good stuff. None of that low calorie crap.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My sister asked me what I had "cut out" to lose so much weight. I told her my super secret weapon in the weight-loss battle: I cut out overeating.
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Butter. I've always used real butter. I KNOW it's healthier then margarine. I'm not a big butter eater, but when I do add some-it's the real deal.
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've eaten turkey bacon all my life, and I love it.
    I can't stand regular bacon. SO NASTY.

Something I won't substitute. Ice cream. I only eat it every once in a while, but when I do have it, I get the good stuff. None of that low calorie crap.

Blasphemy!!

Lol real bacon is delicious! I grew up on turkey bacon and once I had the real thing a few years ago, I never went back.

And I'm with you on the ice cream. I occasionally eat the lower calorie stuff to meet my calorie goals, but as an actual treat? Full fat, full flavor please!
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Honestly there isn't anything that I'm forced to give up, if I want it I eat it, i just make sure I have it in my calorie allotment to eat that day, or I'll ask myself, "self, did you really bust your tail in the gym this morning to eat that donut?" So yeah, bacon it is!
    This^ exactly!
  • Aljos
    Aljos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I usually get the center cut bacon 25 calories per piece yummy...
  • ropermom
    ropermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't substitute anything.. I need to learn how to eat the foods that I like sensibly so that I lose and don't gain again.. A radical change in my overall diet would be setting myself up for ultimate failure..

I will say that I've added some things that I find I do like.. Nonfat yogurt, for instance.. and, I am eating more fruit than I did.. It helps with the sweet tooth that I tend to develop when I'm trying to lose weight..

Ditto
  • angelmma
    angelmma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't think turkey bacon tastes too bad, but I usually have extra lean bacon, it's just regular bacon with the fatty bits cut off :)