1200 calorie meal plans

Options
2»

Replies

• DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I was on the 1200, now I'm doing the maintain :) but you can go look at my diary it's open for all to see ;)
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Honestly, keeping up with a 1200 calories/day diet is difficult for me. I can do it some days in a given week, but not EVERY day. No matter what type of foods I eat, I just don't feel satisfied throughout the day. I always feel hungry and weak. I feel much better at 1300-1400 calories/day. And on days that I exercise, I eat more. I do try to make sure that I'm still in a deficit of at least a few hundred calories though.

But if you can do a 1200 calories/day diet, power to ya! There are many websites and cookbooks that will suggest some great meal options. A google search, Pinterest, and browsing your local library or bookstore will help! :)
  • yokumsm
    yokumsm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I stay fairly close to 1200 a day although I am not really strict on myself...if I am hungry, I eat...I just try to be smart about what I eat. MFP set my limit at 1200 when I joined so I just went with it. On days I am more active, I will eat back some of my extra calories. I find that my best days are the ones where I eat something every few hours and make sure I include plenty of fruits and veggies. I don't follow a meal plan as I have a family to feed and they would groan with eating the same thing everyday. And drink lots of water! I have an open diary, so you are welcome to check it out.