Help please I am geting discouraged

Options
ok guys I am really wanting to give up at this point I have been going to the gym for starting on my 4th week and doing a 1200-1500 cal. diet a day and have only droped 2 lbs in 4 weeks what am i doing wronge taking in to much or not enough? Please help!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You are doing it right.....1/2 pound a week is wonderful if you want to use this site to help you get fit and stay fit. Lose it too fast and it will come right back
  • TaureanWoman
    TaureanWoman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i would say you need to maximize your workouts for maximum calorie burn. you can be at the gym and not really burn many calories. also try adding variety of workout options is good for you not getting bored. for example, i switch up between insanity (month 1), jillian michael's 30-day shred, running (outside or treadmill), yoga, and the gym (my last resort lol). this has been working very well for me. i burn 200-400 calories in 20-40 minutes.
  • fizzyfrog
    Options
    If your going to the gym, probably likely your not eating enough, I think the 1200 is recommended not expecting you to exercise, so might be worth you upping your calories and seeing if it has an impact.

are you drinking alot of water? I found that when i made sure I was drinking plenty of water it increased my weight loss - i then read the theory on this being that if you make sure you drink enough water your liver can concentrate on metabolism and doesn't have to help kidneys or something..... It worked for me.
  • thatcrazykat
    thatcrazykat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You are in this for the long haul, also known as the rest of your life. Take pride in the fact that your heart is healthier and you have lost 2 pounds. Drinking enough water is sooooo important and making your calories count by eating veggies, fruits, and try not to eat processed foods. You can do this no matter how long it takes because everyday you are becoming more healthy.
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    Options
    You're not eating enough. Seriously. I was doing the same as you, busting my butt, watching the calories and not losing an ounce. and that went on for 6 months! Give me a big thumbs up for dedication. When I started lifting much heavier and more often than I was, AND started eating more... the weight started coming off. I was really skeptical at first and was only going to give it a couple of weeks. I fully expected the scale to start going up, it didn't. To the contrary, the scale started going down. I didn't believe it at first... thought it was just 'water weight'. But the 'water weight' kept coming off. The husband unit even noticed that my butt was firmer, my waist slimmer.

Look up the thread, "In place of a roadmap" and do what it says. You'll be surprised at what it tells you. Most likely you need to figure on a calorie intake upwards of 1500-1600.

Also, when you say you're going to the gym, what are you doing at the gym? Lifting or just cardio? If you aren't including weight training in your routine you should. For help on that, check out the book "New Rules of Weight Lifting for women. Lift like a man, look like a goddess". That will explain why it's so important to include heavy lifting as part of your exercise. Also, it will explain what you need to be eating to support the muscle growth.

Also, take your measurements. The lower weight is nice but seeing actual inches come off. That's how you know it's working.

Good Luck! You can do it!!!

Edit to add: 1200-1500 calories is fine, IF you are eating back the calories you burn. Healthy calories!
  • kruepsgirl1
    Options
    thanks so much guys and i am lifting and doing cardo