New to MFP - Need Friends and Motivation!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Kim and I live in Central Florida - outside of Orlando in Volusia County. I am so excited to have found this app on my Iphone because it made me realize how much I was eating everyday! I used to think I was a "light eater"...I may not have been eating that much, but what I was eating was what was making me fat!

I have always struggled with my weight, going up and down over the years. I stayed in "onederland" for years, but then my Mom died two years ago and I have really struggled! I knew I had gained a lot, but refused to weigh for the longest time. I finally got up the nerve one week ago, and I weiged 239 pounds....I cried for awhile, felt sorry for myself for awhile, then decided to do something about it! My sister in law has joined me - we both downloaded the app quite a long time ago, but never used it. I think my weight loss journey would be more complete and FUN to have some friends to motivate me and share with.

My immediate goal is to get back below 200 and then we will take it from there! Some of my struggles will be the medication I take (Atenolol - a beta blocker). It slows my HR to around 55 and it is hard to get It up sometimes. I am determined to push through it though.

If you would like to be friends, please add me! I really do not even know how to add someone????

Kim

Replies

• ch2125k
    ch2125k Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, This really is a great site. I have struggled with my weight for years. This site helps me stay focused. Feel free to ad me as friend.
  • cg14120
    cg14120 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    the first step is deciding to start something...i just started too...good luck...hope we can inspire each other..feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!!!
  • kimipela
    kimipela Posts: 3
    Options
    I do believe that just the "getting started" is sometimes the hardest part! I have also went up and down several times throughout the years...too many "fads" and not enough true lifestyle change. Trying to make a difference this time!
  • diet4ga
    diet4ga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, I need some inspiration as well. Back in 2001 my birthday present to myself was to quit smoking. I then packed on 40 pounds and I already needed to lose 10 lbs. Then I had surgury last summer and added another 10 lbs. I am now working on getting this 60 pounds off of me. I have put it off far too long. You can add me as a friend.
  • cmego4it
    cmego4it Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Kim, I'm pretty new to MFP. It's a great place to get motivation, answers to lots of questions, and track what you're eating and how much exercise you're getting. The app is great when you're not at home or near your computer. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kimipela
    kimipela Posts: 3
    Options
    OMG! I forgot to add that! I also quit smoking about 2 years ago! YEA FOR US! The great thing is that the thought of it makes me sick...the bad thing is that it also contributed to my weight gain. That, coupled with losing Mom, really did me in. We are going to do this!
  • FutureGodess
    Options
    I added you :)