Dear Lord, What Was I Thinking ? [details inside]

Options
The following may be graphic to some members...

Below is what I'd usually order before my lifestyle change.
Mind you, this wouldn't be very often but when we went to walmart
the parents and I would go to taco bell for supper...

All was entered in a blank diary page so I could just delete it afterwords

OUK5c7O.jpg

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is Power and now you know. Now you can make better choices and move forward.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is Power and now you know. Now you can make better choices and move forward.

Agreed!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    it's not so hard to realize why we have such an obesity problem when we see how readily available these quantities of food are available...and how easy it is to eat that much. thankfully you have taken the first step in becoming a healthier person. bravo!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I did that all the time before scary isnt it thats why I log before hand
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Like someone above said knowledge is power. I was shocked @ how many calories I was using up just on sugar & creamer for my coffee.

That did not include any food.
  • johnnygizmo
    johnnygizmo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Here is a meal I ate more than once at Dairy Queen, 1/2lb Flame Thrower, Large Fry, Large Mt Dew and a Small Brownie Batter Blizzard for dessert. Using their on-site calculator, I get this...

badlunch.png

So yeah, I hear you all the way.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I was overweight as well. I lived on that stuff.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Haha! I used to have a coke and 3-4 supreme tacos. Plus some nacho and cheese. At McDonald's a coke, chicken nuggets (10), large fries, and often a cheeseburger on the side.

Now I have 2 soft fresco chicken tacos (which are really good, by the way). 3 if I'm really hungry, and a caesar salad with grilled chicken and low fat Italian dressing at McDonald's.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Here is a meal I ate more than once at Dairy Queen, 1/2lb Flame Thrower, Large Fry, Large Mt Dew and a Small Brownie Batter Blizzard for dessert. Using their on-site calculator, I get this...

badlunch.png

So yeah, I hear you all the way.

I read that as calories 1080 and though wow thats huge, then did a double take when i realised they were just the ones from fat.
    The full calories is nearly two whole days worth. And in just one meal.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that a) ffood places can get away with this.
    B) most ppl don't realise?
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's not disturbing, it's sad.
  • johnnygizmo
    johnnygizmo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying I'll never eat at DQ or McD again, but at least it makes me think about what I'm eating. Both of them have great web based nutritional fact calculators on their sites to build a meal and find out what you are getting. They even let you take things off 'stock' items. Like you can see what a McChicken is without mayo, or without the bun (160 cals for the chix patty by itself).