Recipes that use plain Greek yogurt?

Options
2»

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    A cup of Greek yogurt, a quarter cup of chopped almonds and cashews, drizzle some honey over it and chop some fresh fruit on top. Breakfast of champions.

Or use it as a substitute for cream in other recipes.

Or blend with your favorite protein powder, freeze it. Bam, frozen protein yogurt.
  • JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just googled "Low Calorie Greek Yogurt Recipes" and found this, complete with purty pictures:

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/low-calorie-greek-yogurt

If I had an ice cream maker, I'd be making that Strawberry Frozen Yogurt right NOW!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    2 parts Greek yogurt, 1 part Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper to taste. Mix well and spread on boneless skinless chicken breast. Bake at temps and times for regular boneless skinless chicken. The coating keeps the chicken moist and is tasty.

85de210ac50c811233f0f3397810dbc0.jpg
  • gwensoul
    gwensoul Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Use it to make ranch dressing with the seating packets, replacing mayo with this. I also use it o replace the mayo in potato salad.
  • GNeiswender
    GNeiswender Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Add 1 TBS of honey - it is so good. I like cinnomin and blueberries added to it also.
  • vharding7
    vharding7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. I have a huge container of it in my fridge that needs to be used up! :)
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I use Greek yogurt for everything! I put it in smoothies, or anything that I would normally use mayo - like tuna or chicken salad. I even put it on sandwiches. Just experiment.

Me too! Mix it with spices and jalapenos and put it on fish tacos!!!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Home made Indian Raita ( Dip )

picjjsMGd.jpg

raita-ck-1065563-l.jpg

Its basically Yogurt with ( any combination of ) chopped up Onion, cooked Potatoes, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Mint leaves, Cumin powder, black pepper and salt.
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i like to put it in beef stroganoff instead of sour cream.

also, fat free biscuits:

10 oz plain, fat free greek yogurt
    1.5 cups all-purpose flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1.5 tsp salt

mix, roll out on lightly foured surface, cut using biscuit cutter or glass dipped in flour. re-roll scraps until all dough is used.
    place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

makes 6 biscuits.

oven 450

10 minutes or so, 'til they turn golden.

138 calories.
    24g carbs
    0g fat
    9g protein
    1g fiber
    11g calcium
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Used it to replace the mayo in my chocolate cake recipe...fantastic!

3 cups flour
    1/3 cup cocoa powder
    1 cup sugar
    3 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
    1 1/2 cups water

beat well with hand mixer for about 2 min, pour into 13x9 cake pan, bake @ 350 for 25 to 30 mins
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My cat loves it as a treat....and so do my chickens! I give it to finish up the container before it spoils.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Indian cuisine utilize yoghurt as 'curd' (plain yoghurt), cottage yoghurt cheese which can be flavoured with spices, raita (a side-dish of yoghurt mixed with grated carrot or cucumber and spices) or as a base to curries. I won't give you recipes as they take a long time to transcribe.
    Greek cuisine also utilise yoghurt in a similar way. Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip), and as a base for a marinade for barbequed lamb.
    Recently I have been mixing my high-protein muesli with a zero-fat yoghurt as part of my breakfast.
    Enjoy your cooking adventures!
    kind regards,

Ben