leftover refried beans

Options
punkrockpickles
punkrockpickles Posts: 29 Member
I made homemade refried beans yesterday in the crockpot to have as a side with our tacos and we have alot left, so i was curious if anyone has any low cal recipe ideas for a dinner tonight that we can either incorporate the beans into, or use the beans as a side with? = ) Thanks!

Replies

• poisonapple
    poisonapple Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mexican Chicken s always good! Mix a couple tablespoons of Dijon mustard with salsa and pour over chicken breasts. You can either grill it or bake it whichever you prefer. The recipe is designed to eat over rice with sour cream but I bet it would be just as good with beans! The recipe is low cal anyway but you can obviously skip the sour cream if you want a lighter version.
    ..now that I mentioned it I think I just planned dinner for tonight ...Thanks! =)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    You know, all I can think of is using the beans with more Mexican food. I have a recipe I'd like to share. I'll edit this post in a minute.; lemme go find my cookbook.

EDIT: Not much of a recipe, actually. It just has directions on how to make refried beans. Anyways....

Try Mexican Pizzas. Take a tostada shell, cover it with refried beans, and then top with shredded cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. You can get reduced fat/fat free cheese and sour cream. Also, you can brown some lean ground beef or turkey with a taco seasoning packet and put that on top of the beans.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm, beans.......
    I just eat them as a snack sometimes.
    Mmmmmm, beans.......
  • LRogers2
    LRogers2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Quesadilla's are wonderful with just refried beans and veggies and cheese. So healthy too. Quick lunch for work too.
  • punkrockpickles
    punkrockpickles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good ideas! I LOVE mexican food... thats one of my weaknesses so if I can do low cal mexican food... its that much better! =)
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have refried beans for dinner 3 or 4 days a weeks. Although I used fat-free refried beans (not quite sure how they make fat-free refried.. but anyway). I add some pico de gallo, hot sauce, picante sauce, avacado... or whatever I have on hand, and eat it as a dip with baked tostitos. It's very good and low cal.