Saturday Night Losers Thread...What's your excuse?

Options

Replies

• andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Was to ruff with the gimp last night ..he needs some time to heal
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Soooo bored somebody entertain me!

Read the Ask the Wolf Thread *Shameless plug
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No reason to go out :(
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior electrical engineering student with two jobs and ridiculous amount of homework. It means I only go out once a month or so! Right now, I'm reading and working on a website for my boss, my dog is cuddling at my feet under the blankets. I ran 10 km today with him, so I feel it's okay to be lazy. Soon, I'll be a total dork and start cleaning my room, eating popcorn, and lifting weights according to bodbot.
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying staying in tonight. I'll probably have a glass or two of bourbon and listen to records.

Since the subject of guitarists has come up, here's my favorite:

John McLaughlin
    Duane Allman
    Eric Clapton
    Jimi Hendrix
    Derek Trucks

Some very good guitar players past 1972 bro lol.

Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. ~ Homer Simpson
  • jstaff14
    jstaff14 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm enjoying staying in tonight. I'll probably have a glass or two of bourbon and listen to records.

John McLaughlin
    Duane Allman
    Eric Clapton
    Jimi Hendrix
    Derek Trucks

Derek Trucks wasn't even alive in '72, and I would consider him a more contemporary guitarist. But if I was to name some favorites that are a bit more modern I'd go with Marc Ford, Larry LaLonde, and Trey Anastasio (before herion seemingly destroyed his ability to play).
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

John McLaughlin
    Duane Allman
    Eric Clapton
    Jimi Hendrix
    Derek Trucks

Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. ~ Homer Simpson

Actually it was 1981 with the release of Van Halen's 4th album.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    1. its too cold out
    2. if i go to a night club or bar i'm going to drink, (drinks are high in calories)
    3. i was sick last week, i don't want to get sick again.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

John McLaughlin
    Duane Allman
    Eric Clapton
    Jimi Hendrix
    Derek Trucks

Derek Trucks wasn't even alive in '72, and I would consider him a more contemporary guitarist. But if I was to name some favorites that are a bit more modern I'd go with Marc Ford, Larry LaLonde, and Trey Anastasio (before herion seemingly destroyed his ability to play).

oh cmon dont split hairs. And hey im as guilty as you, I think the guitar should've been retired in 1978 after Eddie Van Halen redefined it. THis is only slight hyperbole.
  • sbecknc
    sbecknc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The friend I had plans with forgot and made other plans, this is the one night of the week there's not a dance venue for the type of dance I like, and my boyfriend wants the night to play EVE so here I am... twiddling my thumbs itching to go somewhere (And I'm someone who is usually quite content with sitting at home)

Guess I'll go watch the UNC Duke game on the TV instead of listening while i play online (GO HEELS!!)
  • mustangmonie
    mustangmonie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My husband is out of town visiting his old university and a bunch of his fraternity brothers (circa 1970 something). I am too sore from my workout yesterday and today to shovel the 8" of heavy, wet, spring snow out of my driveway to go anywhere. I'd probably just end up at the grocery store anyway. I'll stay in and clean or maybe watch a movie on Demand and worry that I should be cleaning.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    have work in a few hours,
    plus I have no money and no gas
    yay the weekend before pay day :drinker:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    have work in a few hours,
    plus I have no money and no gas
    yay the weekend before pay day :drinker:

but think of all the 1's you'll be getting soon
  • kdonnahie
    kdonnahie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Killing time until its time to go out.....gotta love Pacific Time!
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options

John McLaughlin
    Duane Allman
    Eric Clapton
    Jimi Hendrix
    Derek Trucks

oh cmon dont split hairs. And hey im as guilty as you, I think the guitar should've been retired in 1978 after Eddie Van Halen redefined it. THis is only slight hyperbole.

HuhHowiimaginetwopeoplearguingontheinternetSorry_0098c7_3379393_zps118c477c.jpg
  • hannyz08
    hannyz08 Posts: 31
    Options
    Because I have no friends that live within a 1 hour radius of my moms house. And because Im poor because I dont have job. So I will sit here, cursing my college degree.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Even those things that most people find incredibly fascinating in the New York City - Princeton - Philadelphia -- Atlantic City triangle are small ball and overrated.
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oldest kid visited today and just left. Thank goodness for college!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Because I have no friends that live within a 1 hour radius of my moms house. And because Im poor because I dont have job. So I will sit here, cursing my college degree.

Rethinking your masters in East African Studies huh?
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Stuck at work!