What's my problem?

Options
I've dropped 23 pounds since Jan 1st. I've been eating well and working out (cardio and strength) - it's all been pregnancy weight so far (my son is 10.5 months), so I surmise that it's the reason I've been able to lose it so quickly.

Everybody I see has commented on my weight loss - and not just "oh, it looks like you've lost some weight", rather "oh wow - you've lost sooo much weight - you look skinny!". I haven't touched chocolate, candy, cookies, etc (i.e. my trigger foods) and I've gone down at least 2 sizes.

I feel like I should be proud of myself - but all I can think of is how much further I have to go (24 pounds). 24 pounds is what I need to get to the top of "healthy" for my height. I'm worried that when I reach my goal, I still won't be satisified.

Does anyone else worry that they're never going to be finished with their weight loss/fitness journey? I realize that I never want to be finished with my fitness journey (i.e. I'll always want to workout), but right now it's so thought/time consuming that I can't possibly sustain this pace (example: my husband is very supportive - every night after our baby is in bed, I go to the gym/pool while he stays at home - I don't think it can go on like this forever)..

Replies

• paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's all about focusing on the positives. Think about the amazing progress you've made and then get up and do it again tomorrow.

You will never really be "finished'. You can't just hit your goal weight, log off MFP, stop going to the gym and eat whatever you want.

Well, you can... but I definitely don't recommend it. :)

I've reached my goal weight, and it's actually pretty nice. I still work out 6 days a week, but the pressure is off. I don't have to work out as hard. I have more calories to play with. For you, maybe that means you can start taking family walks in the evening to burn calories as the weather improves instead of going of going to the gym every night.

It does get easier, but it won't stop - ever. Not if you're truly committed to being a healthy mom for your son.
  • kpstacy
    kpstacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You have to praise God for the good days and focus on how far you have come to continue.... you can do this... be strong and know that this is about changing your life for good! I know what it is like when I was over 230lbs. Some days I didn't think it was worth it.. but EVERYTHING WORTH ANYTHING IS WORTH THE HARD WORK. Keep it up and you will be glad you did. You are on your way, and when you finally get there.... IT MAKES IT ALL WORTH IT! Good luck and God bless.