First major fitness-related NSV today

Options
mycrobemini
mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
I made it all the way through Week 1, Day 1 of the C25K program.

It took me 4 tries over a period of 3 weeks, and I didn't do it fast, but I did it all!

This time last year my cardiovascular system would have given out far before anything else, but the reason it took me 4 tries was not my cardio ability, it was the horrible burning pain in my shins (different than the shin splints I had experienced previously).

So really, two NSVs: my cardiovascular system has greatly improved, AND I finished W1D1 without pain!!!

<happy dance>

Replies

• Shweet_heart
    Shweet_heart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's great! Yesterday I did W4D1 which I was putting off for a few weeks cuz I couldn't do it! So, I know how it can be to keep trying to do it! It'll get easier, and you'll be amazed at how quickly you can progress. Keep positive, and keep up the AMAZING worK!
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    fair play for sticking with it. well done.
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I was so excited I couldn't help but share!
  • JodilBaxter
    JodilBaxter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm in week 6 .... and thinking I will stay there until I can.meet the distance (they wantnu to run.1 mile in 10 mins). I can do the 10.mins but I'm going too slow to hit 1.mile. hoping I can do a 5km trail run in may :) keep up the great work!!!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

Stick with it. I can honestly say it works.

When I started I could barely do the 60 second runs, they felt like an eternity. Each week I'd think "there's no way I can do more than this, I'll never make next week." And every time I got to "next week" somehow my body was actually able to do it.

That was back last summer.

I ran my first 5k race in December. Ran the whole way in under 30 minutes. I'm now working on the Bridge to 10K programme (similar idea for building up from 5 to 10k). So stick with it. Repeat weeks if necessary. It won't be long before your posting an NSV saying your just ran your first 5k!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm in week 6 .... and thinking I will stay there until I can.meet the distance (they wantnu to run.1 mile in 10 mins). I can do the 10.mins but I'm going too slow to hit 1.mile. hoping I can do a 5km trail run in may :) keep up the great work!!!

Everyone is different but if it was me I'd keep going through the programme and worry about speed afterwards.
  • shannonsky
    shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Way to go! If you stick with it, you will be amazed at what you can do - I ran 6 miles today and I NEVER would have that I could do that (or want to - lol). Keep it up!
  • shannonsky
    shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Everyone is different but if it was me I'd keep going through the programme and worry about speed afterwards.

I agree, I'm working up to a half marathon now and I'm slow as molasses (12 min pace). The only reason I'm starting to care about speed is because I'm going to be running again with my SIL in another month and the last time we did it, I got my *kitten* handed to me...never again! lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!