Supplements...

Options
so i take a One-A-Day Max everyday, and usually get good nutrition by the end of the day...i cant help but want to take hydroxycut, or something like it...thought, opinions, suggestions for something better...i dont really need to lose weight i just want to tone more, i try to workout everyday (cardio and weight lifting)....help =]

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    If you want to tone more, go heavier on the weights. And don't work out every day ... take one day of rest plus one day of lighter exercise than the others.
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    Same here.. I want to take hydroxycut or a weight loss supplement not only because it's suppose to help but also give you energy. I don't know it's bad for you or not.
  • machinegun74
    Options
    Six Star's Creatine Mix at WalMart might be what youre looking for. Read the label though its got a lot of carbs from sugar to spike the insulin response. Its helped me, Ive managed to gain muscle and still lose fat on it.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    The main active ingredient in energy boosters (including hydroxycut) is caffeine.
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    eat more protein...

Hydroxycut, had some issues a while back. like a recall or something, I don't remember why.

But I wouldn't not take them
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Six Star's Creatine Mix at WalMart might be what youre looking for. Read the label though its got a lot of carbs from sugar to spike the insulin response. Its helped me, Ive managed to gain muscle and still lose fat on it.

Creatine will help boost your energy, strength, and endurance. It will also help tone your muscles and lose fat. The only down side is, your scale weight *might* go up.
    Hydroxycut, had some issues a while back. like a recall or something, I don't remember why.
    It's been recalled quite a few times due to people getting liver damage. They change the formula but when enough people get sick, it is recalled again for another formula change.
  • evanbeek
    evanbeek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would suggest:

1. Read about the side effects and if any of them don't sound appealing (increased blood pressure and sweating, light headedness, dizziness) or if the benefits don't outweigh them, skip it. Some links to side effects:

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/hydroxycut/hydroxycut-sideeffects-benefits.htm
    http://www.dietforums.com/hydroxycut/950-hydroxycut-side-effects.html

2. If you do start it, review this list of recalled versions since they can still hang out on shelves and you *do not* want to use them:

http://www.hydroxycutsideeffects.com/

3. Talk to a nutritionalist or your doctor (most doctors, if they don't know enough can refer you to a nutritionalist) since your doctor will know if you have any conditions or are taking any other medication that would interact badly with the supplement.

On a side note.. if it works for you, let us know. : ) Always looking for something to supplement my workouts and diet.
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! yeah i dont over train i know that for a fact...i am a personal trainer and train very strictly.. i definately could do more cardio though lol. i will evaluate the products and see which fits me best, and yes i most certainly should have more protein!!!