Itchy Belly???

Options
Its sooo strange...ever since I've been losing weight my belly itches all the time....someone please tell me this is normal!!!

Replies

• Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I've heard it referred to as the "phantom tingle." It happens to lots of people: stomach, behind the knees, under the arms.
  • crops2dawn
    crops2dawn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    THANKS so much Spartan! I am not NUTS after all.....lol
  • serasv
    serasv Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've heard it referred to as the "phantom tingle." It happens to lots of people: stomach, behind the knees, under the arms.
    I had no idea this had to do with weight loss! =o
    All last week, I kept having to scratch behind my knees! It itched like crazy!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I had no idea this had to do with weight loss! =o
    All last week, I kept having to scratch behind my knees! It itched like crazy!

Often, people see red blotches behind the knee. It's definitely associated with fat loss.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Wow so that is what that itch is? I remember having intense itching around my underarms and I remember seeing red blotches and not having any clue where it came from
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    OMG I am so glad to see this post! I have been so itchy, behind my knees especially its driving me crazy, how Weird!!!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Omg my stomach has been itching I kept thinking it was my shirt but it was always a different outfit! Thought I was crazy.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/228631-itchy-skin-when-losing-weight
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this! I itch on my belly, legs, inner elbow (!). Glad to know the cause, but I would love to find a cure!