Tired of being overweight and need help please!

Options
2»

Replies

• kpstacy
    kpstacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would say most us get red in the sugar column. If you know it is coming from naturally healthy food, I wouldn't worry about it so much. Most important is that you are making healthier choices. Take it a day at a time and reach out when you need it. You are more than welcome to friend me. I am a personal trainer and used to weigh over 230 lbs. This is a big step, CONGRATS on deciding that you deserve more out of life! All the best.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking for 3 weeks and I'm not losing. I'm staying at or a little under my recommended numbers. My metabolism is really sluggish because I was hardly eating one meal a day and only drinking about 10-12 oz water a day for so long. I am now eating recommended protein etc and drinking about 75-80 oz of water a day and exercising 3-4 days a week. How long will it take to start losing?? I don't want to get frustrated.

It probably isnt your metabolism that is slow.. its more likely you are starving your body so its working hard to conserve energy. How many calories are you actually eating and what are your stats?

I know that over the years I've been starving my body and dehydrating it because I hardly drank anything. I NEVER would eat breakfast and would maybe have a salad for lunch around 2:30 then just eat some quick junk food (chips, etc) in the evening if anything at all. I was never hungry and would forget to eat most times. I look back and I don't know how I kept going. I guess the fat built up and that's what kept me going. I'm now eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks and staying around 1100 cal. I'm 5'6" and 193. MFP says that I can eat 1200 cal but my Fitbit says to stay at 1000 (if I don't exercise) so I've been staying in the middle. I've also been drinking about 80 oz water. When I exercise I get about 400 extra calories. I guess if I keep tracking, it'll finally work. It keeps saying if I continue at this pace, I should be at 177 in 5 weeks. I would be thrilled!
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Try Stevia as a natural alternative to Splenda.
  • Bethnfelipe
    Options
    I am new to this and i only have been on here a week. My personal issue is carbs i make everything homemade and i try to add a salad with everymeal, well at least for me however, my family is purely mexican and yes the tortillas and guisada with rice and beans or carne picada. so this a challenge for me anyone have recipie ideas that i can sneak by my family. I may skip the torilla and eat the salad in place but i would love to secrectly include my family in my weightloss venture.
  • slwarmbrunn
    Options
    Do not give up i!!! you will see results
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I track sugar (and everything else) but I don't freak out over being a bit over. Fruits are very high in sugar so I have to watch (have T2) as well as carbs but like others said, if it bothers you to see it in red all the time, make it go away. Best of luck on your journey.
  • goodenough13
    Options
    I think you should still pay attention to your sugar consumption from foods that it's added to. I wouldn't count fruit. You can either do this by not adding it to your log at all or just subtracting the sugar from the fruit.
  • christywolfe
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I can help where I can.
  • zoemayberry
    Options
    I LOVE all hispanic food and it has been tough to give up certain things. But focus on the elements that are good and increase those (like tomatoes, black beans) and cut down on cheese. Corn tortillas are slightly better than flour, and I put salsa on everything to up the flavor without adding many calories (and I love making my own salsa!). Rice has been my favorite food for ages but I have learned to measure it and eat it on days that I have worked out and feel I have "earned" extra carbs.

Buena suerte!