breakfast (ideas)

Options
I need some good recipes ideas for breakfast. I have 1200 calories a day which is doable but I been having the slim fast for breakfast but I have to cut out my protein at dinner time since I am having so much at lunch and breakfast. Do you have ideas for smoothy type breakfast that I can make that have 5 or less for protein.

Please let me know?

Replies

• AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    First of all, I never worry about Protien. I got over at least 3 days a week! So my breakfasts normally include high-fiber high-protien things bc you're breaking that 10-12hour fast and i like eating breakfasts that are guarantee to keep me full until lunch!

My breakfasts are normally between 10-15g of protien. But, one of my lower protien breakfasts is a double fiber whole wheat english muffin with 1/4 Tbsp butter and 1/2 Tblsp of Strawberry preserves. It's right at 5 grams of Protien.

Another one that i like that is 10grams of protien is a Sara Lee Plain mini bagel with 1tbsp of regular creamcheese and 1oz of smoked salmon. Something different that's tasty and filling!
  • seczneyd
    seczneyd Posts: 25
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch (1 cup) and Fat Free Milk (1/2 cup) OR Cheerios (1.5 cups), 1/2 banana, and Fat Free Milk (1/2 cup)
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Bacon, Bagel Egg and Cheese & Glass of Trop50 OJ 285 cals (Turkey Bacon, Bagel Thin, 2% Kraft Singles, Egg Beaters & Tropicana 50)
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I second the "dont worry about going over your protein" I go over everday, infact I changed my settings to 40% protein 30%carb and 30 % fat.

A good fruit smoothie
    1 cup frozen fruit
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 scoop vanilla EAS whey protein powder

Yummy! but it will have more than 5 grams of protein......you need more protein if u are working out hard!

If you dont want the extra protein, add yogurt in with your fruit!
  • betterthan
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup of kellog's red berries, a splash of milk and an orange. At 10:30 I have another piece of fruit or a 90cal granola bar. Ditto on the protein. I have a lot of trouble staying in those limits b/c protein is the only thing that keeps my hunger from eating me alive.

p.s. AlisaToth-- I'm a Navy wife too :)
  • cleja90
    cleja90 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have a parfait type breakfast (also good for snacks) that has 9 g of protein. If you go a little over it isn't that big of a deal. This parfait is also pretty filling for me and it helps me get my yogurt/dairy in for the day.

1c. frozen blueberries
    1 container of no sugar added vanilla yogurt (6 oz)
    1/4 c. generic grape nuts cereal

Layer in parfait glass starting with yogurt. I think it originally said granola instead of grape nuts when I found the recipe but I like grape nuts. You can adjust the amounts of each if you want.
    Totals: 245 cal, 52 carbs, 3g fat, 9g protein