Vitamin

Options
I need help. I have been trying to take One A Day Womens's Active Metabolism Vitamin but every time I do I end up getting sick. It says to take with food and I do. I need some kind of daily vitamin can anyone suggest a good one?

Replies

• AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    I take the costco brand woman's daily vitamin and i really like it. how much iron does the one you are currently taking have in it? i know my friend has issues with vitamins that have too much iron in them
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    OMG I used to take One A Day vitamins and they tore my stomach up, I tried many and they all pretty much did the same thing to my stomach then I went to GNC and began taking Prenatal Vitamins (without Iron)... You don't have to be pregnant or expecting to get pregnant to take them!

They also have some vita-paks for women too, I would say stop by GNC and ask for help, you will leave happy and if you dislike the vitamins just carry the unused bottle with your receipt back to the store and they will gladly take them back or exchange for something else.

Good Luck!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I need help. I have been trying to take One A Day Womens's Active Metabolism Vitamin but every time I do I end up getting sick. It says to take with food and I do. I need some kind of daily vitamin can anyone suggest a good one?

I usually yack vitamins right up. Was doing Centrum chewables for a while, but there's so much they lack I had to supplement like crazy. I just switched to Centrum Ultra Women's. If I don't have a little carb in my belly when I take it, it will make me queasy. Otherwise, I have no ill effects from it.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I'm pretty sensitive to vitamins as well. I take a Nature Made brand (I have bought them at Walmart and Hyvee) Multi for Women that is made for easy absorbtion. It's kind of big, but I do ok, and I have a hard time with pills. Here is the link for more info.

http://www.naturemade.com/ProductDatabase/prd_prod.asp?tab=Products&productid=51
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    I have a ton of trouble keeping down vitamins too. I've been taking One-a-Day Vitacraves. They're chewable gummy vitamins and they're pretty good, plus they're really easy on my stomach.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Same thing has happened to me many times in the past. I've taken my One a day vitamin for men from costco, and then I wondered why I was almost sick, when I realized oh dam, I didn't eat.

I've also taken them right before I ate, and it didn't seem to help much.

Have you tried taking them right after your meal?
  • sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    costco multi vitamin at night before bed works for me
  • littleitaly
    Options
    children's chewable multivitamins!! flinstones or a generic store brand would work. you'll see near the nutrition facts how many vitamins adults can get from those, and it's pretty complete. also brings back some great childhood goodness :)
  • DoctorLaura
    DoctorLaura Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Same thing has happened to me many times in the past. I've taken my One a day vitamin for men from costco, and then I wondered why I was almost sick, when I realized oh dam, I didn't eat.

I've also taken them right before I ate, and it didn't seem to help much.

Have you tried taking them right after your meal?

That's what has worked for me. I have to take my vitamin AFTER I have a full stomach otherwise I get super nauseous! I think you have to try a few and find one that works for you. For me, the generic/drugstore brand of women's one-a-day is the best I've had for avoiding nausea. I've tried health store brands (like GNC) and they made me super sick. The prenatal one's I'm taking now are almost as awful but eating before seems to help a lot; I rarely get sick from them that way. Everyone's system seems to be a bit different so try talking to your doctor or a pharmacist, and for sure keep your receipts.

Good luck!