60+ Year old who needs to lose at least 50 lbs.

Options
:blushing: Just have got to lose this weight. Low self esteem, fitness level fair, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure......
Well, you get the picture, unfortunately.

Have tried low fat, low calorie, exercise (step fitness, walking, Thai Chi) with no results. Began Low carbohydrate diet in March and have lost from 250 to 224 today. Still doing same exercises, but, doctor is doing blood tests every three months to make sure my levels stay good. Saw him recently, and everything looks BETTER! :happy:

Lord willing, this journal will keep me motivated!

Replies

• marybethbeech
    Options
    Good luck!
  • GayleRF
    GayleRF Posts: 2
    Options
    Just to let you know...you have a lot of support here...I don't ever post and this is the first reply I've ever done but just reading some of the time is reassuring to me..So far I've lost 11 lbs and have 72 to go but am so happy I've made it over the first 10lb mark. Keep doing what you've been doing and it'll start working for you I'm sure. My husband is also doing it with me and it is such a help I agree! Good Luck!
  • jwhit6
    jwhit6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you go girlfriend - massive congrats on weight loss so far. You are doing this for all the right reason and if you can have some fun and enjoy all the results at the same time, thats a double bubble....

This site is fantastic, I've been on it for 6 months now and I'm sure you will find all the support and motivation you need to succeed and achieve your goals.

Lots and lots of luck
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is just awesome. Glad you switched diets to low carb because the low fat diet is no good. The body needs fat and this society has become increasingly larger because of the no fat fad!

Glad you are doing better and losing! Hope we can be MFP friends!

Wish you all the best!!!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Hey Lady!! I'm 60+ as well and have been trying to eat healthy since the first of the year. Found this site a few days ago and joined!! It is wonderful. It shows me the nutritional info I need to make smart choices. It gives me a place to log my water intake which helps motivate me to drink a minimum of 8 glasses a day. And, It's a great motivator for me to increase my level of physical activity beyond my morning walk. I get motivated by reading the small and large successes that other people have ... and can empathize with many of their frustrations.

Congrats on the weight loss to date!! I know this site will be a benefit to you on your quest to a healthier lifestyle!! Good Luck!!