After eating a salad......

Options
stonel94
stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
Last night around 11 o clock i was really hungry and i had bought this ready made cobb salad (chicken, lettuce, avocado with lemon juice on it, tomatos, and chopped egg) it was from lunch, and i was saving it for the next day, but I was so hungry I just ate it (no dressing) and then my throat felt a little weird and I went to sleep and all today my throat has been super sore but in like a swollen feeling way....any idea if there's some connection? I felt fine before that

Replies

• MSQUARED7
    MSQUARED7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds like acid reflux. You ate really late at night, went to bed right after, add the lemon juice and I'll bet you had acid come up your throat and it irritated the tissue. I wouldn't worry, but next time prop your head up with a pillow if you eat right before bedtime. You are not supposed to eat three hours before bedtime. And just to add, I would consult a doctor if it continues.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to bed right after, probably an hour or so but i was lying down right after eating

also it hurts my ears when I yawn..and my throat
  • MSQUARED7
    MSQUARED7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've had acid reflux and my ears hurt too.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You look too young to have acid reflux - but it's possible. It doesn't sound like a food sensitivity or allergic reaction. It sounds like you've got a virus, and symptoms just coincided with the late night salad. Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you're just getting a cold and it seems related?

And no, she isn't too young to get acid reflux...I've had it since I was a teenager. My cousin had it before he was in the double digits.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If it's the first time happening, you could either be sick, or be having an allergic reaction to the salad. Maybe a preservative in it?
  • hulahooper17
    Options
    I've had acid reflux since I was like 9... it's entirely possible to have it when you're young. On the plus side, I never eat too much fat because it makes my reflux go crazy! I would bet the lemon juice is what irritated you.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Sometimes with ready-made foods I wonder about the hygiene of the person making it (I'm weird like that, but then again I'm a cook and I've seen what goes on in kitchens, lol). It could be that the person who made it was sick and didn't wash properly, therefore contaminating the salad and now it's passed onto you? Just a thought. Hope you feel better soon!