Bad Break in Diet

Options
I think I know the answer to my question but I wanted to see if my rationale was correct. Following a certain diet, there are times when I get to have a sweet, usually in a small quantity. Last night at a family get-together, I had a several sugary alcoholic drinks and some very sweet desserts. Everyone thought I was hungover because I retired early, but honestly, I think it was more nausea. I awoke couple hours later not with a headache but an upset stomach.

So, this is my thinking. Is it possible to overload your body with an abnormal sugar intake? I recognize that while being on a diet for the year and a half, my eating habits have changed. Typically, I eat more protein at family get-together while drinking plenty of water.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Oh definitely! My stomach complains if I have too much sugar.
  • angelicscars
    angelicscars Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I eat really clean most the time but if i slip up and have something high sugar/fat my body protests!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's possible to eat too much sugar. Your glucose levels will soar (giving you a quick burst of energy) and then crash, leading to exhaustion and many other feelings of sickness.